Why is it so hard find a Swolemate!?

Options
prettyboychat
prettyboychat Posts: 44 Member
I see amazing Physiques all time and beautiful woman! In my eyes how can you approach someone at the gym? If was me I got my headphones in and zone out and don't like to be interrupted and feel like women feel same way especially the creepy type dudes who follow them try to get their attention...

Replies

• JenGP83
    JenGP83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's simple honey, just say "Hey, how are you?" ... Oh and smile!!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Bro, if I knew I wouldn't give away the secret. Jk.
    Dumb luck is about the only way I've ever found my temporary swolemates. 3 in the last 24 years of going to the gym doesn't give me much hope for another. The (lame excuse) for the one I have now only makes it to the gym once a week so I need a replacement. The 1st one was a fitness competitor who asked if she could start lifting with me. God smiled on me temporarily aND we worked out together for a solid year.
  • JenGP83
    JenGP83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    Bro, if I knew I wouldn't give away the secret. Jk.
    Dumb luck is about the only way I've ever found my temporary swolemates. 3 in the last 24 years of going to the gym doesn't give me much hope for another. The (lame excuse) for the one I have now only makes it to the gym once a week so I need a replacement. The 1st one was a fitness competitor who asked if she could start lifting with me. God smiled on me temporarily aND we worked out together for a solid year.

Best of luck to you sweets!! You'll find it! Oh & by the way... HI!!!
  • Loco_Beast
    Loco_Beast Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's a hard question to answer man, the females that are there to workout generally don't want to be bothered in the gym. The females that want attention are there for just that, and don't really care that much about training like you expect. Just let It happen naturally. Or you could just stalk them in the parking lot...lol
  • prettyboychat
    Options
    Loco_Beast wrote: »
    That's a hard question to answer man, the females that are there to workout generally don't want to be bothered in the gym. The females that want attention are there for just that, and don't really care that much about training like you expect. Just let It happen naturally. Or you could just stalk them in the parking lot...lol

Haha Creep 1 On 1
  • prettyboychat
    Options
    I'm working on an app for that, bro. Don't start your bulk until we announce the pre-launch date.

Haha bet sign me up!!!!
  • prettyboychat
    Options
    JenGP83 wrote: »
    It's simple honey, just say "Hey, how are you?" ... Oh and smile!!
    Haha I'm shy :(
  • Loco_Beast
    Loco_Beast Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try this, just introduce yourself as "Arnold Swaganator" if she laughs, you got her, if not walk away, she is either a prude or a dummy.
  • clairelouisekaa
    clairelouisekaa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Always start with a smile it's an expression of interest xxx
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Loco_Beast wrote: »

This is so true. Find the girl with the headphones on and sweating her *kitten* off, even the one who isn't crazy fit yet because obviously she is driven enough to get there at some point.

You may be shy, but eye contact, a smile and a compliment go a long way even to the ones that are busting *kitten*. Asking to work in on a set, or catching her on the way out of the gym, letting her know you admire her dedication and seeing if she'd like to have some coffee on an off day. You don't know until you ask. Just go for it.

I think that this is really good advice.ive seen some amazing looking women in the gym and wondered how to approach them as well.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    You have to be a bit creative and look for opportunities to say something to them. Then the conversation will either end abruptly or continue.
  • prettyboychat
    Options
    Not going lie these feedback been eye opener!!!
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I would say try and make conversation after their workout or like @lauranorr said, see if you can offer any advice or help. When I'm working out and sweating like a mother******, the last thing I want is for any human person to come and talk to me :lol:

If all else fails, write your number on a protein shake or bottle of water and leave it next to them haha
    a protein shake lmao

good points though.

• Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldnt approach a girl at the gym. not unless I kinda knew her through six degrees, or we ended up engaging in conversation over something. Once the ice is broken I let it all hang out. But like Busybee had said, most females dont want to be approached because they are all sweaty and 'feel gross'.

I feel like the best time to approach would be after the gym. While a chick may say, well I feel sweaty then, and just want to go home. Hopefully she will take into account that you probably waited for her to get done with her workout, as well as the fact that she would probably say in her head, 'this guy approached me when I was sweaty, and not looking my best, but he still wants to talk to me'. Meanwhile as a guy I can tell you that we know what we are getting ourselves into. You may not think you look your best, but for a lot of us, you may never look sexier then when you leave the gym.