Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Falling off the bandwagon

I posted recently about any ideas of how to bust my plateau but I feel I wasn't completely honest. I started my weight loss journey a year ago, with meal replacement shakes and calories counting. I lost from 215 to about 190 from May to September, then did Nutrisystem a couple of months and got down into the 160's. I haven't lost any weight since February and I've been calling it a plateau when in all honesty, I've lost my willpower. I used to be so strong around any tempting food situation but now it's so hard. I just joined a gym 2 weeks ago and I've been going at least 5-6 days a week, doing at least 30 minutes, but my diet is just so poor. I do so good during the day, but when I get home I just binge. It's not every night, but more often than not. Like tonight, I had dinner at 6:45 (a Chick Fil A salad) then came home and had a chocolate rice cake. Then a few minutes later I ate another. Then I had 4 oatmeal raisin cookies, milk, several heaping bites of macaroni and cheese, Lima beans, and a bite of a fried chicken leg. I don't know how to get my willpower back or how to get back on track to lost my last 35 pounds and to finally be happy with myself in my body...

Replies

• lindseymp2015
    lindseymp2015 Posts: 11 Member
    I had something similar happen last fall and I am just coming back and trying to start again. Let yourself have some things that you've been denying yourself. That might help. Shake things up. I found that I couldn't eat anything healthy. I just couldn't. It was a slow process coming back.... Don't deny yourself - that makes me want it even if I normally wouldn't want it. If you are craving chocolate, eat one serving. But portion it out before hand so that it doesn't go to several (that's my problem). On the other hand it might be that increasing your activity requires more calories and that is why you are starving. On days that I work out longer I eat a little more calories that help repair muscles and what not. I work nights and that is a time I'm apt to over eat. I portion out my "lunch" and already have it logged. I find that has been helping me stay on track lately. I dont finalize it until I go to bed bc I may not eat all I brought or eat something else instead. Give yourself time and be forgiving. This is a life long goal, and life style change. Good luck!