What do you eat with hard boiled eggs?

Options
I would like to get more into eating hard boiled eggs because they are cheap and easy to make in bulk and take around. I get bored of just eating them plain. Sometimes I like a little salt and pepper, but I'm wondering if anyone is more creative than me and has some suggestions!

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• espear876
    espear876 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use hot sauce on them , many times I will also make a plain toast sandwich with them, I do 6 egg whites, 3 whole eggs...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Butter (warmed up) or egg salad are my go to's.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Add a little horseradish, pretend you have a deviled egg.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i love to soft boil eegs and put it on a piece of toast thats been lightly buttered with s+p... hardboiled i will eat plain with some salt.. or make deviled eggs.. or put some siracha.
  • BranwynTaffy
    BranwynTaffy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tobasco sauce & a bit of Kosher salt or a bit of different mustards, if it's just a snack.
    Or, for a meal, my favorite... eaten with olives, a slice of cheddar & a tin of boneless, skinless sardines. I fully recognize the latter is something you'd either know you'd like or won't.
    My mother likes them with a couple slices of pepperoni, sopresatta, prosciutto or hard salami & a dash of mustard.
    Enjoy!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I love then with sardines and crackers (or chips). And sometimes some fermented saurkraut or kimchi, if I have it. And kombucha.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat mine with a wedge of Laughing Cow cream cheese.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Soldiers. :) h
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like to take rye toast, mash up a 1/2 avocado add seasonings to it, spread it on the toast, slice up a hb egg on top and sprinkle pepper on top. It's so good and filling.

Usually I will add a small serving of fruit like berries or a small orange with it.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    psst... a dash of ground cumin and some hot sauce.
  • vasumodi
    vasumodi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat them with a bit of mashy brown rice, ground flax seeds and boiled spinach, with some tabasco or sriracha mixed in for a kick.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I slice them and add them to my salads.
    Or I add them to the rice.

If I want them on their own, I make an omelette.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I like them with honey mustard. My kids think that sounds awful but it's very good. Discovered that one day when I had no lunch and bought the pack of 2-too-boiled eggs from the corner store, and grabbed some condiment packets to try with them.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    srirachi is good, I also will eat them with thinly sliced smoked salmon, Ooooo slice them up,mash some avocado (season it a bit) spread it on thick toast with some smoked salmon and put the slices on top. I haven't tried this but d@mn I'm gonna!
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love seasoning them with Creole seasoning! Yum.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love to just peel them and eat them that way just after they've been cooked or cold from the fridge. Slicing them up for a sandwich or making it into egg salad or adding one or two to some tuna with a bit of Earth Balance Olive Oil Mayo. I also toss them in salads....

Gonna have to keep an eye on this list.. I see lots of creativity ... beyond me just saying 'I just eat them'. :wink:

glad you asked the question OP. :grin:
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sweet & hot mustard is my favorite for hard boiled eggs...really any kind of flavorful mustard or thick hot sauce (like chili sauce or sriracha) is good.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    A little salt should make the eggs more palatable. Don't smother them with sauces or dressing, they should taste fine on their own. Combine with grated carrot, very thin strips of cucumber, radish and celery. The French call this salad 'crudité' and its a staple of Paris bistros. Thinly sliced hard boiled eggs still warm from the pan on a generous bed of crudité only requires a squeeze of lemon juice, and a sprinkling of seasoning to make a delicious, low calorie and nutritious meal.
    Good luck with your diet.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like a squeeze of mayo and pickled jalapenos. Or some kind of hot sauce - sriracha or picamas are great!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    fruit...