What time of day do you work out?

Options
I was just wondering when everyone works out. I have by past experience worked out in the evening after dinner and that has help aid in previous weight loss. I was just wondering what works for you???

Replies

• BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    I work out between 9 and 10 every morning (during Sesame Street). If it gets to be lunch time and no exercise, then it doesn't get done.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    As of lately now, I'm starting to work out in the morning before work. It gives me soo m uch energy and gets my muscles all ready to go since I have to do some heavy lifting in my bookstore. I decided upon this way because I get home kinda late, like around 7pm, cook dinner which takes another hour, EAT dinner by 9pm, and by then, I just wanna shower and hit the sheets!

Morning workouts totally have alot of pros if you work late. It prevents you from coming home and lazying out of it, like I've done TOO many times. :)
  • hardenedheartx
    hardenedheartx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It really depends, because with school and work it's really crazy for me schedule wise. Recently I've been working out in the morning, but since a change in my work schedule is going to happen soon I will probably be working out at night during the week and in the morning on the weekends.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I work out first thing in the morning. I feel that if I work out after my day is done then I'm only working off what I've eaten that day. If I work out before I eat on that day, then I'm working off stored fat.
  • flamnfrekelz
    Options
    I hit the gym at 3:45am...it's the only time i have found that I can consistantly devote the time i need to work out without the distractions.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    After the kiddo goes to bed at 7pm.
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm a night person so usually anywhere from 8pm and on.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I work out whenever it works for that day. Some days, I have to clean in the morning when the baby is in the best mood, so I work out in the afternoon, when she's napping. I'll usually run in the evenings, because her dad is home and can watch her for the hour while I'm out. But this morning I had to get up early and go for my run before he went to work, because he'll be roping tonight, and I won't be able to run tonight. Every day is slightly different, heck, every week is slightly different, but it doesn't affect my fitness goals or increases.

When I was in school without babies and households to worry about, I used to run and work out at night, especially in the summer when the heat was too much to work out during the day. I remember going for runs at eleven o'clock at night, and getting done near one in the morning, and being totally fine with that.
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I get my daily exercise in the evening when I get home from work and before dinner. I like to workout before I eat.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I work out after work, but ironically that is at around 130-2. I havent had any weght loss success to be honest though! i have lost inches and my clothes feel better but the weight wont COME OFF. I am sure i am doing somethings i shouldnt (such as that egg and cheese omelet yesterday morning) but just wanted to chime in and say I work out faithfully every other day from 130-230!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym during my lunch break. I'm not a morning person and just can't motivate myself to go then. And in the evening I just want to go home, cook dinner, and relax or socialize. I've been doing this for almost two years now, and it's definitely the best time for my schedule.
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. It gives me energy especially when I have two small kids I have to run after
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    5:30 every morning.
  • Littlemiss1016
    Options
    I am SO not a morning person! I work out ALOT better at night between (8-10) :)
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    During the week the only time I have is after my daughter is in bed. I usually start between 8:30 and 9pm.

ON the weekends I do it during her nap - so about 1pm.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The time of day that you work out is not all that important. Just pick a time that you can consistently get your wokout in.

I tend to work out mid-morning because it gives me time to eat something before I go and my gym is fairly quiet at this time which means no waiting to use equipment. But at various times of my life I've been an early morning exerciser, a lunch-break exerciser and an evening exerciser. My results were no better or worse at different times of day. Yours shouldn't be either.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I usually workout right after work, which is usually 5:30 - 6pm
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Right after work...around 5pm. If I don't do it right after work it's not happenning.
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    I usually do 2 workouts. One in the morning at 5-6 am before I go to work and a 20-30min work out at lunch. During the weekend is whenever I get the time. We are a family of 5 so I like to spend time with the kids or we go do somthing on the weekends. Also I like to sleep in al ittle on the weekends.
  • ljsmamma07
    ljsmamma07 Posts: 30
    Options
    i work full time as so does my hubby. we actually work opposite shifts. he works third, so he comes home from work, watches the kids all day and then get a few hours sleep when i get home and then heads back out again. he actually works out in the middle of the day when the kids take a nap(i dont know how he does it!) i have to wait for the kids to go to bed before i can do anything. so i workout at night between 8-10