need some help with simple recipes , im a guy so i need help lol

Options
I was diagnosed with all lot of health issues I will discuss later, but I need help losing weight and support.

Replies

• Anaris2014
    Anaris2014 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    G'day, I'm not a fan of recipes. I tend to prefer things that are easy, that can be done without thinking. "meat and 3 vege" is perfect for me.

Especially something like chicken breast cut into cubes around 2cm), in a very hot frying pan (no oil), a bit of salt and pepper, keep the meat moving fairly regularly. Meanwhile a couple of vege's steaming (I dont bother peeling carrots, or potato) takes 15-20 minutes. from getting off the lounge to sitting down with a hot dinner.
  • clairelouisekaa
    clairelouisekaa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat alot of stir frys using low calorie spray oil and chicken - you can jazz them up with many types of sauces - add chicken or beef and it's a simple satisfying low cal meal xx
  • twin21974
    twin21974 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm a guy too..but here is my lunch / dinner for today..I cube up 8oz chicken breast then add to a hot pan with a little olive oil....fry it up with just a bit of season salt.....let cool....get some salad mix. .add cucumbers..fresh mushrooms and a bit of chedar cheese..with very little lite ranch dressing... (I never liked a lot of dressing anyways)....easy...
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tacos:

3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 envelope Taco Seasoning (look for low sodium)
    1 jar of your favorite Salsa or Picante

Combine the taco seasoning & salsa. Pour over chicken breasts. Bake, covered for 1-2 hours at 350 (or thereabouts); or combine in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. DELICIOUS!

How's that for easy? The chicken easily shreds in the pan/pot with tongs. Portion into some tortillas for a filling dinner, or lighten it up by putting the chicken in leaves of lettuce. Sour cream & a little cheese to finish it off, YUM! I'm salivating just thinking about it! :) Bonus, if you're cooking for 1, you can eat on it all week long.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    News flash: guys can cook! It's just a matter of practice. Check out Mark Bittman's book How to Cook Everything: The Basics, which has a bunch of simple recipes and explains basic cooking techniques.

Here's a NY Times article that Bittman published a few years ago with 101 simple summer recipes: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/dining/18mini.html?_r=0
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    www.allrecipes.com/

You're welcome