Biggest Loser Winner

Options
I started using this app and exercising because a doctor told me I have a "fatty liver" and that I needed to lose weight to avoid diabetes. Apparently fatty liver is a sign that someone is headed down that road. He also said I should cut sodas and other sugary drinks, along with sugary foods, out of my diet. So, I immediately quit sodas cold turkey and have greatly reduced my sugar from other sources too.

Coincidentally my employer had just posted a sign up sheet for a Biggest Loser competition that, prior to the doctor's visit, I had no intention of signing up for. Well, I ended up signing up. I figured why not? I'm going to be losing weight anyway right?. I ended up winning the competition and lost over 40 lbs in the process. First prize was a trip to Gatlinburg, Tn for two days. ;)

I've actually lost just over 50 lbs since I started this thing and am about to slow down into maintenance mode. Now I just need to go buy some clothes that fit so that I can actually go on that trip. As of the other day I literally have no clothes that fit me. Other then my uniforms for my job. Which are all brand new because my old ones were starting to look like parachutes on me.

So, in closing I'd just like to say that losing weight can be easy AND fun. And that timing is everything! ;)

Replies