Hey From Ireland... advice please :)

Options
Oakes_82
Oakes_82 Posts: 4 Member
Hi peeps, I'm Tasha originally from the UK but living now in Ireland I'm 33 and have a 9yr old Autistic son. I'm totally new to all this logging what you eat stuff, didn't actually realise what I ate, I'm currently massive so doin a VLC diet to start with to shift the first few stone. Any one know how long I should do this first bit and what the next step would be?
Thanks

Replies

• deegrimes95
    deegrimes95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Ireland and have an 18 year old son who is on the spectrum, so I said I'd get in touch, I don't know what a vlc diet is but I will be trying to lose a few stone myself, we could encourage each other! Take care,
  • Oakes_82
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Ireland and have an 18 year old son who is on the spectrum, so I said I'd get in touch, I don't know what a vlc diet is but I will be trying to lose a few stone myself, we could encourage each other! Take care,

Hi hun VLC stands for Very Low Calorie (its a term used commonly by people on diet plans such as the Cambridge diet - but i'm doing my own).
    When I was 21yrs ols I was 19 stone 8lbs at 28yrs I got down to 10 stone 8lbs doing this but now at 33yrs old i'm back up to 15stone (well 14 stone 1lb at last weigh in since starting my diet).
    If I had the money I'd just get a Gastric Wrap lol and be done with it my weight goes up and down so much.
    I'm in South Dublin.
    So what about yourself?
    Tasha
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have a son who is autistic. He's 32. I wouldn't restrict calories. There is no need to. Trust the proven MFP formula. Read a few posts here from people who have lost weight successfully. Most of us have not used restrictive diets to lose weight, we've simply eaten the calories MFP calculated for us and logged every single day, every single bite.
  • Oakes_82
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have a son who is autistic. He's 32. I wouldn't restrict calories. There is no need to. Trust the proven MFP formula. Read a few posts here from people who have lost weight successfully. Most of us have not used restrictive diets to lose weight, we've simply eaten the calories MFP calculated for us and logged every single day, every single bite.

That's fair enough what works for one and all that.
    I've never ate a lot my whole life I physically can't eat the amount that's recommended for me (I once joined a weight watchers group and quit after 2 weeks because forcing myself to eat all the cals they wanted me too was making me physically sick and I gained 9lbs!!)
    I know what works for me. when I get to my desired weight I can maintain it for a couple of years eating how/when I want then the weight starts creeping up (usually when i'm experiencing ill health), then I diet again.