Being too loud while dead lifting?

Options
2»

Replies

• ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You should control the bar on the way down. But it's gonna make some noise. I try to minimize the noise personally.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Maybe by "birds" she was talking about other women in the gym? It's not very polite, but I've heard people refer to women as "birds," although imho it's a tad old-fashioned.

Or she's just weird. tbh it's more likely she's just a little odd.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Ensmardj wrote: »
    My bad, I didn't explain it very well. I didn't drop the bar, I hold it until it touched the ground on every rep. When I say that (I let it go) I was referring that I wasn't trying to hold it because I don't want to snap something in my lower back.

I know you're question has already been answered, but I'm so confused and really want to understand. At what point are you letting it go? Or are you saying that you're not letting go of it but also not resisting the weight when lowering it such that it's essentially a semi-controlled drop? I'm not trying to be dense or obnoxious! Just trying to picture it!

yeah I honestly don't get it either.
  • charleycartee
    charleycartee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Was this PF? :laugh:

I was just wondering that myself.
  • BarbaraGoldsmith
    BarbaraGoldsmith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing when I deadlift touch the bar to the ground, no one at CrossFit has ever complain because we all do it, when we are lifting and trying to beat the clock.