Thinking about get a Fitbit!

Options
I want be more healthy, fitness, and livinghealthy! So I think Fitbit be good thing to get. What one's to get and why? Fitbit Alta or Fitbit Charge Or...
Thank you! B):)

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Good for supplemental information. If you just want steps get the cheapest. The HR ones are okay. The biggest thing is that you have to understand the data as it applies to you. My fitbit adds more to my TDEE than I see as necessary.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit Charge HR, and I am really enjoying it. It just adds another layer of motivation for me to keep moving. I have it linked with MFP, but I still log everything in MFP. I think it compliments my program.
  • nancyko
    nancyko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have two and I like the one that you attach to your bra or waistband better than the one that you wear on your wrist. I found that the one on your wrist counted steps when I was really clapping at church or patting my great grandsons bottom when I was putting them to sleep. It is also hot in the summer and sometimes I didn't like wearing a rubber band when I was more dressed up. Just my opinion.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Do you have other devices that you use? I thought about getting one, but I decided it would be information overload. Everyone I know who has one, it is borderline compulsive competition, not cute, so I passed.
  • jennarayee96
    jennarayee96 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How much is the cheapest Fitbit?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I was so happy with my first fitbit that I purchased the Blaze when my Force wore out. The sleep tracking is much better and the heart rate is spot on. The size is a bit large and not the most attractive. The price is at $199 is a bit steep too.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    How much is the cheapest Fitbit?

https://www.fitbit.com/store

• NewHealthyBug
    NewHealthyBug Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I going get Fitbit Alta! It only $129.00 :D
    So...Thanks
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    So...Thanks

I really like mine and you can get different colored bands to swap out!!!
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just heard that the fitbit heart rate monitoring is off by 20 beats. That's a lot!!

Also, people have had steps recorded when they were sitting in a car.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I just heard that the fitbit heart rate monitoring is off by 20 beats. That's a lot!!

If you're referencing the article I think you are, it's important to note that the study was funded by the parties hoping to sue iirc. It's not always off by 20 beats. I've measured my own heart rate before sitting down and Fitbit was dead on.

I consider it a helpful too for someone like me who finds numbers and data empowering and motivational. I think it's important for users to be aware that no device is perfect and faultless.
  • charleycartee
    charleycartee Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I had a physical on Monday (I'm going as a scout leader to summer camp). My fitbit heartrate was pretty much dead on with the heart rate from the finger clip they used while taking my blood pressure.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's not always off by 20 beats.

Ironically, if it was just always off by 20 beats, users would be able to correct their data and would have something accurate to work with. Sadly it's off by a random amount and in either direction. :neutral:

I got my girlfriend a Fitbit Charge HR for her birthday. The HRM seemed pretty accurate while she sat at her desk at work or at home watching a movie. But we'd walk up a hill in our neighborhood or go hiking or she'd get on the elliptical - the kinds of things you want an HRM for - and she'd get just as accurate results by throwing dice.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had the Charge HR and as of today, upgraded to the Blaze.

I love it. It's such an amazing motivator for me to see the calorie burn. Motivates me to increase that number with a lunchtime walk, a gym workout after work etc.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I have an older model, but since I got my new iPhone the health app tracks my basic activity and syncs with MFP so I haven't been using it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So...Thanks

I upgraded from the zip to the Alta recently. I love it!!

ETA: They're $199 here in Australia :(