My Weightloss Makes People Angry...& That Makes me Happy! :-D

Options

Replies

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I actually get constantly told "you don't even need to lose weight" or "what fat" ...a little different but the negativity still feels like it's there. I'm just doing what I want for my body. I carry my weight differently than someone of my weight and height perhaps that makes me not look like I weigh as much as I do but in my opinion I'm still overweight. Until I'm happy with my body, I'll keep trying. :smile:
  • haliirae5
    haliirae5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I personally lost a friend over my weight loss. :( she said I was sick and it was all in my head. And it wasn't I just have to watch what I eat and I keep track of my calorie intake .
  • Darsi_Ajay
    Darsi_Ajay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also Faced the same situation, EveryDay My frieds asking me when you will stop the DIET because they are fat and they dont want me to look good because iam getting perfect body bur they didnt, That time i just smile and went away. I dont want to tell them "Why you didnt start" because they are matured they have to know by themselves, I want them to feel like this everytime they saw me. :smile:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    ctalimenti wrote: »
    Not sure if you covered this yet but are most of your naysayers overweight? When I started cycling I had a handful of naysayers and they were ALL overweight. AND if they are overweight I doubt they are concerned about your health!

Actually, YES! Which is why I think it's interesting that some people express anger or faux concern.

Agreed!

• dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had people do the same when I was losing weight. The best part was the people who would talk to my friends behind my back and tell them I needed to stop losing weight. My friends would tell me about it and we'd laugh.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    @JeromeBarry1 That's awesome! Continue to inspire people :-)
  • Cutemesoon
    Options
    dfranch wrote: »
    I had people do the same when I was losing weight. The best part was the people who would talk to my friends behind my back and tell them I needed to stop losing weight. My friends would tell me about it and we'd laugh.
    OMG!!!! That happens to me too!!! People will go ask my friends when am I going to stop losing weight. My friend always lets them know that it is MY decision & I will stop when I am ready.
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that most people equate large weight loss with illness. My BIL had undiagnosed diabetes and lost a lot of weight (while continually said he wasn't losing any nor ill). Now that he has a diagnosis, he's regained some and looks healthier. Most people's comments were sincere concerns for his health. Even if they don't feel you're sick, it's a well studied phenomenon that subconsciously they'e equating your losses with illness and it makes them uncomfortable.
  • Cutemesoon
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @howekaren Everyone commenting on my weight loss knows that I've been dieting & exercising for the past 2.5 yrs. So there's no reason to think that I'm ill. It's been a conscientious effort to lose weight. But it could be the case for others if they experience rapid weight loss. @megemrj I've noticed that about people as well. For some people, (NOT all) your weight loss makes them reflect on their weight. It may make them feel bad that you're successful at something they've been trying to do for years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!