Zumba Wii - first time on it just now!!

Options
so i did my firt work out on zumba. It is really good. I burned 118 cals in 26 minutes - which firstly i was disappointed with myself as Ive seen other people record so many more cals doing it, but then it dawned on me - it was my first attempt and i didnt know the steps, im guess when i know what steps are coming next i can do it better

Replies

• pattitricia85
    Options
    You're right, once you learn the steps you will burn waaaay more calories!! I've never done it on Wii but that was my experience when I took classes. Have fun!
  • OneTonPony
    OneTonPony Posts: 60
    Options
    Zumba for the wii? Really??? Waaant!!!!
  • OneTonPony
    OneTonPony Posts: 60
    Options
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba for the Wii!!!
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So u think its normal at first not to burn many calories? I am itching to get back on it and do more lol:laugh:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried it I was lost on the moves lol.. Now I know them and I go through them like a pro :tongue: Pretty fun game/workout huh? It always goes by fast for me because its fun lol. Good job!!
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm wanting to get it!
  • consrvtvmom
    consrvtvmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I may have to check this one out.
  • KDGODSUNLIMITED
    Options
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! Just think about the numbe of calories you will burn in a week!!!
  • volley16
    volley16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have it for Xbox 360 and I love it. I am having a blast with it.
  • rubianne1979
    Options
    Just keep it up. I sometimes do the previous move if I can't do the one that is currently being done. It is GREAT.
  • LeviFit
    LeviFit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Zumba is addictive.
    I do it with my two girls and it involves lots of laughter, falling over toes and basically FUN.
  • Ambeltz2016
    Ambeltz2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

BUMP BUMP

ME TOOO!!!!!
  • sarahavery
    Options
    like it so much the first time, ive just had another go!! Thats two 25 minute sessions in an hr. I am sweating so much, it is dripping off of me!!! :happy:

Anyways second time i burned 129 cals in 24and a half mins

first time was 118 cals in 26 and a half mins , so i did better 2nd time round and expect i will do even better next time :drinker:

thats a total of 247 in 51 minutes. I dont think thats too bad.....

averaging 4.8 cals a minute which would be 290 an hr. This is on easy mode!! cant wait to try hard mode. hahaha
  • sarahavery
    Options
    :)
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this game and I have gotten real good at the moves but how do I know how many cals. I am burning ????
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I love playing Zumba Wii. I don't play it often enough and don't have all of the moves down yet but it is definitely a workout! I like these dancing / high intensity cardio workouts on DVDs better than the gym! I find the gym to be boring so it's great that we have these workouts to do at home!
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I LOVE this game and I have gotten real good at the moves but how do I know how many cals. I am burning ????

I have a heart rate monitor that I wear for my workouts which counts my calories burned for me. You can also put it under dancing if you don't have a heart rate monitor.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

www.zumbacalories.com
  • mrshickey
    Options
    i dont think i burned many calories at first, but once i knew the moves i put in loads of effort and burned many more calories. its fun, and its addictive!