Running app with pace alert?

Options
sbl1881
sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
I am looking for a running app with a pacer feature on it. The kind that beeps if you've set a target pace and you're above or below it... I know there are watches that do it, but I don't want to spend $100, if there's an app that does the same thing.

Runkeeper has a "Pace" workout, but it doesn't communicate during the run. MapMyFitness doesn't seem to have an alert either.

I have an android device - I realize that might make a difference.

Thanks!

Replies

• Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    If I'm understanding you correctly - map my run can be set to announce your pace every 0.25 miles. It's not exactly what you're after but it might be close enough - and it's free :smiley:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    runkeeper can be set to tell you your pace when it gives you the other reminders/alerts
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Have you looked at Strava or Mapmyrun?
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    rundouble does
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm still getting used to Strava, but every mile it announces your mileage and pace during the run. Works great for me since I set ZR to go by distance and I like having something tell me how far I've gone since ZR won't lol.
  • RollTideTri
    RollTideTri Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ismoothrun does what you want. You set a target pace and it will tell you to speed up/slow down during the interval. It's my favorite running app and I've tried pretty much all of them
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    ismoothrun does what you want. You set a target pace and it will tell you to speed up/slow down during the interval. It's my favorite running app and I've tried pretty much all of them

will that integrate with a heart rate strap? tbh i'm probably going to get it anyway because nothing else will work with intervals and pace cues, just curious.
  • RollTideTri
    RollTideTri Posts: 116 Member
    Options

will that integrate with a heart rate strap? tbh i'm probably going to get it anyway because nothing else will work with intervals and pace cues, just curious.

It will if it's a bluetooth strap. Most aren't though. Most use ANT+, which phones don't know how to read. What kind of phone and strap do you have?