Options
Balaru
Balaru Posts: 203 Member
1, 2, 3 GO!

Replies

• wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    hummus, falafel, veggie sambosas, veggie eggrolls, California rolls, grilled cheese, eggplant parmasean, noodles, ramen, mashed potatoes...
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating egg salad on toast with AK Mak crackers and steamed broccoli. I also make chickpea salad that I eat exactly the same way, on toast with crackers. I buy the steamable Birdseye lightly sauced pasta and vegetable bags, 400ish calories for both servings.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    can of refried beans and some salsa
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Leftovers, of course. Not vegan, right?

Off the top of my head:

Beans and rice
    Sandwiches
    Pasta dishes
    Stir Fry
    Curries
    Soups
    Pizza
    Omlettes
    Grain Pilafs
    Baked Potato with toppings
    Burritos

• hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like mixing any of the following--quinoa, couscous, or Israeli couscous--with various types of veggies. I roast a large batch of vegetables on Sunday so that I can prepare easy lunches for most of the week. Depending on the flavor profile, I also add various fixings, such as cranberries, dried cherries, nuts, seeds, avocado, apples, etc.
    one of my recent favorites--red quinoa with green apples, shredded brussels sprouts, walnuts, cranberries and tossed with an orange-vanilla vinaigrette.
    Another is couscous with sautéed spinach, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and avocado. sometimes i toss it with a lemon dijon vinaigrette.
    I guess these are technically salads, so I am looking forward to hearing everyone else's suggestions.
  • SonicKrunch
    SonicKrunch Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    500g 2-4% Greek Yogurt + 140g of mixed berries or other fruit...I'm assuming by vegetarian you didn't mind yogurt.

400-450 calories and will keep you full for a long *kitten* time. As long as you have a fridge to keep it cool.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I like making something big I can take for multiple days and just reheat at work. Here are a couple of examples. They are both one-dish-two-ways types because my fiance eats meat, but my half is always perfect for work.

http://www.kitchentreaty.com/veggie-filled-enchilada-pasta-casserole-with-optional-ground-beef/
    lasagna
    http://www.kitchentreaty.com/roasted-winter-vegetables-in-thai-red-curry-with-optional-chicken/

This takes a few containers to keep everything separate but I love it for work:
    http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/coconut-quinoa-bowl-recipe.html

• chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it in your calories/macros... :p

-Korean egg bread (youtube Maangchi channel)
    -Banana muffin w/ protein powder and chia/hemp seeds (basic banana bread with add-ins)
    -Vegetable stir fry w/ your choice of seasoning (so simple, so clever)
    -Fried tofu w/ rice and cucumber salad (easy prep!)
    -Cream cheese & jalapeno "calzones" (puff pastry baked w/ cream cheese and jalapeno filling)
    -Protein shakes (can't go wrong!)
    -Cauliflower "pancakes" (shredded cauliflower, pan-fried)
    -Korean pancakes, sans meat (basic pancake w/ eggs and veggies of your choice)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I had this sandwich today that was freakin awesome. It was tomato, spinach, cucumber, and avocado with veggie cream cheese on multigrain bread. I could eat that every day.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    hvcaldwell wrote: »
    I like mixing any of the following--quinoa, couscous, or Israeli couscous--with various types of veggies. I roast a large batch of vegetables on Sunday so that I can prepare easy lunches for most of the week. Depending on the flavor profile, I also add various fixings, such as cranberries, dried cherries, nuts, seeds, avocado, apples, etc.
    one of my recent favorites--red quinoa with green apples, shredded brussels sprouts, walnuts, cranberries and tossed with an orange-vanilla vinaigrette.
    Another is couscous with sautéed spinach, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and avocado. sometimes i toss it with a lemon dijon vinaigrette.
    I guess these are technically salads, so I am looking forward to hearing everyone else's suggestions.

Can you tell me more about this orange-vanilla vinaigrette please? How you make it, nutrition info, storage, etc.
    Thank you in advance!
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep em coming guys. I have an interview for next Thursday and am hoping this is "the" one. I am ready to get back to full time work which means bringing my lunch. Have been trying to make the whole food plant based meals a lifestyle for a couple of years now. Definitely going to try some of these.

Really like the ones you can make ahead on the weekends for the whole week. I know I am going to be pretty tired as I readjust to the work schedule again.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My current obsession for work lunches is chilli. This week's has zucchini, squash and red lentils.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yogurt/cottage cheese/cheese
    Eggs
    Nuts
    Hummus
    Vegetable stews
  • Namaste_Heart11
    Namaste_Heart11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Amy's soups (No Chicken Noodle is my favorite) & also the medium-spice chili of the same brand... quick & easy!