Weird recipes - What's yours?

Options
kimdawnhayden
kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
edited May 2016 in Recipes
I just made a weird recipe and it turned out pretty good.

Take 1 cup of cottage cheese and 1 egg beaten. Add Mrs. Dash chicken flavor. Mix well. Cook in microwave until eggs are done. Mix well again. I probably should've drained the cottage cheese first, but it was still good. Topped with 5 crushed saltine crackers. Tastes like Lasagna a little bit. Could have added a bit of marinara sauce to top, but didn't have any. So what are your weird recipes?

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I like to throw shredded chicken in my scrambled eggs. Little extra protein to start my day and helps keep me full til lunch.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My current fav is oats cooked in water with nutmeg, salt, and chia seeds topped with a fried egg...or eggs lol.

The eggs fried in butter with pepper and a splash of hot sauce.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Raw cabbage, ground beef, and one of two sauces: greek dressing, or heavy cream / sharp cheddar cheese sauce. Delicious.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Greek yogurt, honey, PB powder and mini chocolate chips. YUM!
  • centermom71
    centermom71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just made a Mexican falafel for dinner - I think that qualifies as weird.
    It was yummy -http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/falafel-with-avocado-spread
  • trevor615
    trevor615 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches....with butter.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like to put cand corn in a cup with chees and sour cream and chilli its delicious but high cal
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Breakfast salad - a fried egg and 1 or 2 pieces of bacon over a huge batch of greens, topped with maple balsamic vinegar. The balsamic mixes with the runny egg and creates the best dressing.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just made a Mexican falafel for dinner - I think that qualifies as weird.
    It was yummy -http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/falafel-with-avocado-spread

This looks really good. I think I may be trying this soon.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Wavy chips with ice cream dip... Been a while since I've done that though...
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    In the past banana and cheese and onion crisp sandwiches . Or peanut butter and marmalade
    More recently chopped chicken apples and grapes in Greek yogurt on top of a green salad yum
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    In the past banana and cheese and onion crisp sandwiches . Or peanut butter and marmalade
    More recently chopped chicken apples and grapes in Greek yogurt on top of a green salad yum

A peanut butter and marmalade sandwich sounds nice. Too bad I'm out of marmalade...so adding it to my grocery list now.
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on hot dogs!
  • tuxmomoftoo
    tuxmomoftoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fried egg topped with organic sauerkraut. Yum.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Sweet Chili Sauce the kind for egg rolls. Sometimes I spread on bread or a flour tortilla. It is spicy and sweet.

PB&C+Sandwich+2.jpg
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Peanut Butter and Sweet Chili Sauce the kind for egg rolls. Sometimes I spread on bread or a flour tortilla. It is spicy and sweet.

PB&C+Sandwich+2.jpg

OMG...Why didn't I think of this! That sounds amazing!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Chocolate Protein Powder or Vanilla Protein Powder, Peanut Butter, Aguave, Special K Protein Cereal (crushed up), mix and press into a pan and freeze for 30 minutes, then cut into bars or bite size bars, and top with a smidge of melted chocolate (white for the vanilla protein) and cool.

Best energy bars ever but very unconventional. I can't keep my husband out of these.. wierd recipes I no.
  • LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn--would you mind sharing your recipe for the energy bars? I tried to send you a message but there is something wrong with the server. Thank you! They sound delicious.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    2kre9cwam5p1.jpg
    LULU4178 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn--would you mind sharing your recipe for the energy bars? I tried to send you a message but there is something wrong with the server. Thank you! They sound delicious.

I never thought anyone would like this. You bet I will send it on..
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I poach an egg in my oatmeal as it cooks.