Olympic weight set or dumbells?

Options
justinrye
justinrye Posts: 61 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
What do you prefer Olympic weight set or dumbells. What would you recommend?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Both are good, depends on what your goals are. Generally a barbell setup is going to offer more options.
  • Nodaysoff86
    Nodaysoff86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Barbells as stated offer more.. Alot of good routines for both.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    OLY all the way, much bigger capacity when you get stronger and more options

You'll find you expand your set anyway, ez-curl bars, dumbbell bars etc etc and having a set of oly plates will let you do anything you want.

I have 4x 20kg plates, 6x 10kgs, 4x 5kgs. and that pretty much lets me do any variety I want.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Both
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you plan on using? The Power Block adjustable dumbbells offer a range from 3 pounds to 90 pounds per hand. (This is through two different sets with two "addons" for the heavier set. the heavier set stops at 50 with no additions). If you plan on doing an exercise with more than 180 pounds total you'd need the bar and several/many plates. The dumbbells are easy to store out of the way, don't take up much space at all and are versatile. Just my $0.02
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    OLY all the way, much bigger capacity when you get stronger and more options

You'll find you expand your set anyway, ez-curl bars, dumbbell bars etc etc and having a set of oly plates will let you do anything you want.

I have 4x 20kg plates, 6x 10kgs, 4x 5kgs. and that pretty much lets me do any variety I want.

This.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I use both at times. It really depends on your goals and what your working towards.