Plateau of weight loss

Options
Hello,

I would appreciate if people could look at my diary and give me suggestions of what I'm doing wrong? I had weight steadily coming off but now has just plateaued. I log everything and try and do my 10k fitbit steps a day.
I Do 1 high impact aerobics class a week and 2 circuit strength and cardio. I get measured for my wedding dress 23rd June and really wanted to be 10 stone by then. I have 10 pound to go give or take.

Friends of mine are doing slimming world and doing well, so very tempted to start doing that?

Can anyone offer any advise?

Replies

• pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a question re your exercise just so I can understand things better. On Tuesday your have a fitbit adjustment which looks reasonable, but you also have aerobic high impact burning 433 in 55 minutes. That seems quite a high burn rate. I appreciate you did not eat all those calories back that day but just want to make sure you are not over estimating your burns.

Apart from that what happened Saturday/Sunday/Monday just past ? And a lot of your logging is missing.

1st May - Missing
    2nd May - Part Missing
    6/7/8 May - Missing
    9th May - Part Missing

I could go on. But you are not logging accurately.
  • marykate290491
    marykate290491 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have just entered the standard amount mfp have said for that activity. I have just the standard fitbit flex so does not have the heart rate monitor.
    I have been a bit rubbish on the dates above, I was away on both weekends eating out, so rather than log and guess i only logged what i knew could be 100% correct.
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have just entered the standard amount mfp have said for that activity. I have just the standard fitbit flex so does not have the heart rate monitor.
    I have been a bit rubbish on the dates above, I was away on both weekends eating out, so rather than log and guess i only logged what i knew could be 100% correct.

Ok so I think you have your answer there then. It is almost half the days you have not logged in the past 3 weeks and as a consequence you have not lost anything.

ETA : I just wanted to add that apart from the missing your logging looks quite good. Some things are a bit dodgy in the sense of potentially quite off - like the Greg's Roll but who doesn't like a treat from Greg's. But by and by when you log it seems to be complete and looks accurate - you just need to be consistent and weight stuff - even though you think the packaging is correct, weigh it. :wink:
  • CopperB73
    CopperB73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been reading that it's quite common for weight loss to plateau - and that it may not need you to do anything new to come out the other side - just keep going greatist.com/live/best-way-to-lose-weight-for-good
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    CopperB73 wrote: »
    I've been reading that it's quite common for weight loss to plateau - and that it may not need you to do anything new to come out the other side - just keep going greatist.com/live/best-way-to-lose-weight-for-good

This is a great article explaining about homeostasis and set points.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are broken through consistency period