Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

When is the best time of day to weight yourself?

2»

Replies

• StuartMSimmonsStuartMSimmons Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    First thing Sunday morning. I do not track my weight weekly, I track today's weight compared to what I weighed 1/1/16. That evens out the normal fluctuations.
  • BiggDaddy58BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406Member Member Posts: 406Member Member
    I don't think weighing after a shower (unless you have lots of hair)..makes much difference. I have weighed myself at night..and then the next morning after a shower..and I am always lighter the next morning. sometimes as much as 3# lighter. On Mondays..I do my morning workout..have a few cups of coffee..use the "Jim..aka Gym..aka John..take a shower..and I am pretty good at toweling off..and step on the scale..same way every week. As long as you do the same thing..same way..weekly..you can track your weight fairly well.
  • kuranda10kuranda10 Posts: 595Member, Premium Member Posts: 595Member, Premium Member
    If you're using a fat measuring scale, you're supposed to weigh at around 6 PM after a full day, so you are fully hydrated. In the morning your weight will be lower, but your fat% will be sky high.
  • Christine_72Christine_72 Posts: 16,074Member Member Posts: 16,074Member Member
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    If you're using a fat measuring scale, you're supposed to weigh at around 6 PM after a full day, so you are fully hydrated. In the morning your weight will be lower, but your fat% will be sky high.

hah that's odd. My supplement store has one of those machines, and they said if I want to use it, it should be in the morning before I've eaten or drunk anything.
    I wanted to use when I went in there around 3pm, and she wouldn't do it for me, as "it would be inaccurate".
  • merlosc33merlosc33 Posts: 38Member Member Posts: 38Member Member
    Always in the morning
  • Gaz_PalmerGaz_Palmer Posts: 37Member Member Posts: 37Member Member
    Anytime, just try to do the same time every time.
  • Carlos_421Carlos_421 Posts: 5,073Member Member Posts: 5,073Member Member
    1) Americans know what the loo is.
    2) Why is this in the debate forum and not in general weight loss?
  • Christine_72Christine_72 Posts: 16,074Member Member Posts: 16,074Member Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

1) :kissing_closed_eyes:

2) This is the burning question I've been waiting for someone to ask...
  • jodiann_xojodiann_xo Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

1) :kissing_closed_eyes:

2) This is the burning question I've been waiting for someone to ask...

I'm not sure, I'm new to posting.. This is my first post. Sorry about that
  • fishgutzyfishgutzy Posts: 2,824Member Member Posts: 2,824Member Member
    In the morning before eating and after your first 'weight release.' :D
  • Dove0804Dove0804 Posts: 213Member Member Posts: 213Member Member
    Yup, in the morning at about the same time every day. Before eating/drinking anything, after going to the bathroom, and naked.
    Like AnnPT77 said- it's more to give a better comparison than anything. The times and amounts I eat throughout the day are variable, so I wouldn't trust weights I take at night since that could very easily be altered if I had just eaten dinner.
    We tell patients with heart failure to weigh themselves in this exact way to monitor for fluid retention.
  • KatyAverillKatyAverill Posts: 168Member, Premium Member Posts: 168Member, Premium Member
    I weigh myself in the morning after going to the bathroom and breastfeeding but before I eat/drink anything or put anything other than my pjs on. If I weigh myself before nursing, I end up weighing a couple of pounds more.
  • hannydeeehannydeee Posts: 158Member Member Posts: 158Member Member
    Every morning, after toiletting and before eating/drinking anything. I track it on the iOS app 'Happy Scale'.
  • therealfitttherealfitt Posts: 8Member, Premium Member Posts: 8Member, Premium Member
    That's gotta hurt I dont advise anytime of day
    That's gotta hurt I dont advise anytime of day

What??
  • hardyd85hardyd85 Posts: 21Member Member Posts: 21Member Member
    Using the scale is ok but using the mirror and a tape measure will give you a better indicator. Your weight can fluctuate about 5 lbs or so pretty easily. It can also be muscle gain. Writing down your measurements will help you stay motivated. I would weigh yourself once or twice a week. I usually do in the morning.