On days you just can't...

Options
2»

Replies

• kmaf2016
    kmaf2016 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I always think of how good a workout makes me feel after Ive done it...that always motivates me x
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    What do you do to motivate yourself on days when you literally just can't? Monday was cardio, Tuesday was Barre Legs and yesterday was supposed to be the 21 Day Fix Abs. It was a rough day at work and 10 mins in the video I just couldn't do it. My head wasn't in it. So I went for a 45 minute walk.

I'd like that to not be a habit what do you do to motivate yourself?

I think you did the right thing. That's the general suggestion: if you don't feel like working out, give it 10 mins. Most of the time you'll keep going. This time you chose not to and did something else instead. I don't consider this a "just can't" day at ALL. You tried, made a decision, and then found an alternative. Win!

So much this.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It's about being honest with yourself and thinking of why you can't get through a workout or even try to workout. When our bodies are exhausted we need to consider the reasons and figure out if it can be pushed and challenged that day, or if I need to simply accept that I need a rest day! There is no right or wrong answer, as long as you're not enabling yourself and using this too often as an excuse!
    I always try to remind myself of how great I feel after. But just three days ago I went through the same, I got up, got kids fed, lunches packed, off to school, I was dressed for the gym and ready to go.... And my body just felt overwhelmingly drained, I thought about it, evaluated, and opted to skip... I still ran errands and ended with over 13,000 steps plus ended up playing soccer with my youngest in the afternoon anyway.... But, most importantly, I didn't beat myself up over my decision!