Summer Challenge Looking for Participants

Options
lmc8009
lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
edited May 2016 in Challenges
Hi! I'm currently recruiting some new members for a summertime challenge I am running. This is for a new challenge starting on Tuesday, June 1st. This challenge is well established and this is the 24th one we will be doing. If you are interested in participating, please let me know. I will post some information below about the challenge itself. Participation is limited to 75 total participants and we currently have 45. I will post here and close enrollment and start a wait list once we reach the 75 maximum.

We had a successful first challenge back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start challenge #24(!!!) and are currently planning to continue running this challenge indefinitely. So if you‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our competition will be held for the entire summer, beginning on June 1, 2016. It will be broken up into 3 smaller challenges - one for each month of summer. Winners will be announced for the following categories at the end of each week & month month and for the entire summer for those who stay for all 3 months: Highest percentage of weight loss and highest number of challenge points earned.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points per person (based on participation levels) as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Sunday or Monday (your choice), every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team board. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by its participants (done by participation level)
3) Individual recognition for the week's top 20 weight loss
4) Individual recognition for the week's top 20 challenge points earned (done by participation level)

For this challenge we will be offering points for minutes of exercise completed, for participation, for meeting personal food/tracking goals and as well as for optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!!

Replies

• catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi I think I'd like to join. Will walking count as exercise minutes? Thanks
  • lmc8009
    Options
    catvlmack wrote: »
    Hi I think I'd like to join. Will walking count as exercise minutes? Thanks

Walking absolutely counts as exercise!
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yay! Then I would like in please! X
  • b12arr0
    b12arr0 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd like to participate as well. Sounds like something to help keep me motivated on this journey. Thanks for running it.
  • kybeaty
    kybeaty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • sosopa
    sosopa Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too! What should I do?
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many have signed up -- but I'd be game!!!
    This sounds fun AND motivating!! :)
  • rr430rd
    rr430rd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is exactly what I need! I would like to join if there is still room.
  • GetitGone
    GetitGone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also, need some motivation to drop this baby weight. Is there still room?
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge! I just got back into the groove of exercising again and would like something to keep me motivated. I hope there's still room!
  • msprettylilrockstar15
    Options
    This will be my first. Can I join?
  • novo24
    novo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I am a daily logger :) Please let me know what I should do next. Thanks for organizing!
  • lmc8009
    Options
    I will send invitations to every listed above now. Look for the announcement thread on the group page to find your team assignments! The invitation can be found in your notifications bell on your community page. If you can't find it, please let me know so I can resend or send you a direct link to the group.
  • ekat1234
    ekat1234 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.
  • yokoelsa
    yokoelsa Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm I if there is still toom
  • lmc8009
    Options
    @ekat1234 & @yokoelsa - Invitations have been sent!
  • lng145
    lng145 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Do you still have room??? I am interested
  • cellamarfan
    cellamarfan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will like to join.
    Just what i need.
  • coloradokat78
    coloradokat78 Posts: 268 Member
    Options