Summer Shredding Anyone?

Options
joesanabria33
joesanabria33 Posts: 45 Member
Anyone else trying to lose weight for this warm weather? Currently eating 1800 calories with 150g of protein to keep the muscle. I lift 4-5 times a week.

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I was planning on it, but ended up having to take 2-3 months off from the gym. Doc estimated that I could resume lifting around July. Since it's harder the build muscle than to lose fat, I decided not to go on a calorie deficit and lose even more muscle due to not lifting than I would in a normal cut. So, I am just staying chunky this year.
  • joesanabria33
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, did you see lot of muscle loss? I always wondered if you keep it or lose it.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Well I personally will be chunky as well. Lol who am I kidding, I'm always chunky.
  • joesanabria33
    Options
    Lol I workout lots but still no six pack. Oh well .. Chunky team!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Um. I should be because I bulked over the winter but I went nutzo and had to stop my cut early. Whatever. I will still rock a bikini even with the thickness.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    Lol I workout lots but still no six pack. Oh well .. Chunky team!

Woohoo chunky team it is. I did rock a one piece this last weekend at a pool party.
  • That1GuyJeff
    That1GuyJeff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in Phoenix so it's never really not warm lol But yes yes got a good 30lbs to go lmao
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    I live in Phoenix so it's never really not warm lol But yes yes got a good 30lbs to go lmao

I hear ya, I'm in Houston, Texas.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Always shredding.... Always ;)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Always shredding.... Always ;)

Aw now you made me feel bad. Maybe I'll go back to a deficit.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Yeah, cutting for the summer but at 2500 Cals so a much slower cut.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but if you continue to work out, don't you need calories?
  • arditarose
    Options
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but if you continue to work out, don't you need calories?

Can you rephrase this question? Are you asking if you are lifting and cutting do you still need calories? Yes of course, but you still need a deficit to lose fat.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    Ok so more protein and less fat is what you do to gain muscle/keep muscle and lose fat?
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ok so more protein and less fat is what you do to gain muscle/keep muscle and lose fat?

Gain muscle and inevitably some fat: Protein, heavy strength training, calorie surplus. This is what people do in a bulk.
    Lose fat while retaining maximum muscle: Even more protein, heavy strength training, calorie deficit. This is what people do in a cut.
  • arditarose
    Options

High protein and calorie deficit. Fats will vary according to preference but have no bearing on the actual fat loss. Protein along with heavy lifting helps maintain muscle mass, calorie deficit to lose fat/
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Been cutting at 3700-3800 calories at 190 P.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Been cutting at 3700-3800 calories at 190 P.

This makes me cry a little inside.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Definitely....always.
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    So if one was trying to burn fat and obtain a leaner body what should I do?