New to this, giving it a try.

Options
Staying motivated with busy lifestyle isn't easy. Finding time to make changes is a challenge, but I am accepting my own challenge. A pound a day.

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Do you mean lose a pound a day?
    Honestly that sounds both unsafe and unlikely, unless you are starting at a very very high weight and if that's the case, then you'd probably want to be doing that under medical supervision.
    Weight loss doesn't always happen in the way we want it, or as fast as we want it, so you are setting yourself up to fail there.

Why not make a goal based on things that you can control? Things like
    - eat within 50 cals (over or under) of my calorie goal every day for a next week
    - exercise 300 mins per week
    - preplan meals and stick to them for the next 5 days
    - try a new healthy lunch option every day this week
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated with busy lifestyle isn't easy. Finding time to make changes is a challenge, but I am accepting my own challenge. A pound a day.

That sounds extremely unhealthy and near impossible.
  • Icanshedot89
    Icanshedot89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand the importance of a healthy weightloss. Average healthy weight loss is approximately 1-2lbs a month. I understand the risks. I am taking it easy. It is just a saying. I thank you for your concern. I am under medical supervision.
  • seattle1982
    seattle1982 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking how much do you weigh now and what is your goal weight? The diet I'm on is fast weight loss like yours.

What does your diet and exercise routine consist of?
  • Icanshedot89
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Military diet. Low carb intake, more veggies, cutting sugars, carbonate drinks, driking more water, portion control.
    Exercise cardio for 1hr day 1, strength day 2, cardio day 3, strength day 4, cardio day 5 and let my body rest and start over again whilw still doing the military diet. I currently weight 247lbs started at nearly 252. Started to commit last Sunday. Drinking ginger tea seems to help control/curb my appetite
    as well. My weight goal for now is 190 in a period of a least 6-8months. Then set a new goal there after.
  • seattle1982
    Options
    What is a military diet? I've never heard of that? I think you are kicking *kitten*!!! I will have to try the ginger tea.

I too am doing a low carb/low sugar trying to keep it to healthy greens and low fat. I don't believe in the low carb diet if it means eating bacon, sausage and fried eggs for breakfast everyday. To me no matter what- that amount of fat just can't be healthy. My diet (or more of a lifestyle change) is to completely eliminate processed foods.....also I do not eat more than 25 grams of carbs a day. Since starting the diet (I'm on day 4) I seriously have not felt hungry or anything. It's pretty awesome!!!
  • seattle1982
    Options
    Oh....and because I have a bad back my excersize routine is walking- tracking my steps with a pedometer. Once I get a little bit more strength I can add in yoga and Pilates. OH and swimming- loved swimming at my gym!
  • Icanshedot89
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Search up the military diet. The diet is very strict, but well worth it. I have been told to lose about 1-2lbs a month to keep a safe and steady weight loss. Eat approximately 6-7 times a day in small portions and avoid red meats, carbohydrates, anything starchy. More greens, veggies and proportioned amount of fruits. I work in the medical field and most of the doctors I work with have been in the military there for I have been given a plan. I used to be thin until I had my two kids then school and work would make it difficult to have a clean eating habit. I am back on track to a successful weight loss. No excuses. I also have asthma and have been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism which makes it harder, plus my work. Although I am constantly walking therefore I can count my steps. Average step per day needs to be 10k. I am able to pass the 10k a day.
  • yhlee83
    yhlee83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think you mean 1-2 lb a week, 1-2 lbs a month is way too slow.
  • Icanshedot89
    Options
    Yhlee, that is the next step. For the first 3 months that is the set goal 1-2lbs, is obviously not going that way as I have already lost 4lbs since Sunday. My body is adapting quickly to the routine and I am losing weight faster then expected.
  • Icanshedot89
    Options
    Oh....and because I have a bad back my excersize routine is walking- tracking my steps with a pedometer. Once I get a little bit more strength I can add in yoga and Pilates. OH and swimming- loved swimming at my gym!

Just take it slow. It will happen with time. We put in the weight with time, it will take time to take it off. Continue your motivation and allow no one to tell you "Is impossible " "impossible is for those who have no will" Don't get discouraged.
  • Kingvjackson
    Kingvjackson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out Intermittent fasting on YouTube see if u can work with it. First 2 or 3 days might be uneasy but you"all get hang of it. Just check it out!
  • Kingvjackson
    Kingvjackson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To lose weight gotta eat less calories that's it . create a defecit where you burn more calories than what you consume daily. Exercise will just enchance your calorie burn to accelerate weight loss. Interminent Fasting,healthy diet, calorie deficit and cardio will make you lose weight.
  • Icanshedot89
    Options
    To lose weight gotta eat less calories that's it . create a defecit where you burn more calories than what you consume daily. Exercise will just enchance your calorie burn to accelerate weight loss. Interminent Fasting,healthy diet, calorie deficit and cardio will make you lose weight.

Thanks, I will certainly check it out and try it. I am certainly trying to reduce my calories intake. Is not easy, but not impossible. ;)
  • ysooor
    ysooor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Start on a cut how long I can't tell you. You have to watch your body and your weight everyday when you start your cut.

No secrets, when you're on a cut you should consume low calories. If you need help calculating your intake Macros hit me up!.
  • Icanshedot89
    Options
    ysooor wrote: »
    Start on a cut how long I can't tell you. You have to watch your body and your weight everyday when you start your cut.

No secrets, when you're on a cut you should consume low calories. If you need help calculating your intake Macros hit me up!.

Thank you. I been doing low cal intake. :p