Why am I throwing up?

Options
breezyy3141
breezyy3141 Posts: 18 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
This is the 2nd time I vomit shortly after drinking an iced coffee. I've been having this routine for years the only thing I've changed is, I started working out 4-5 days a week. The first time I vomited after coffee I didn't workout in the morning. But today I drank some before working out and started feeling nauseous and vomited again. I've cut back quite a bit on sugar but I can't quit coffee. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? T.I.A

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Milk in the coffee - Lactose intolerance?
    No milk in the coffee - adverse reaction of caffeine (I've heard that some people struggle with coffee on an empty stomach)?
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Only when I was pregnant
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Sudden food aversion like that would make me think pregnant. Take a test.
  • breezyy3141
    Options
    Not possible for me to be pregnant lol
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    You should go and see your doctor about it.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

As in, you don't have sex? Cause even with birth control methods, there is just nothing that is 100% unless you don't have the parts necessary.

But I could never drink coffee before a workout, I would certainly vomit. It's the vomit with no workout that is the confusing one. I used to throw up after drinking cold water, I just decided it was the temperature bothering my stomach. Could that be it?
  • breezyy3141
    Options
    Not on birth control I just don't have sex.
  • breezyy3141
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »

As in, you don't have sex? Cause even with birth control methods, there is just nothing that is 100% unless you don't have the parts necessary.

But I could never drink coffee before a workout, I would certainly vomit. It's the vomit with no workout that is the confusing one. I used to throw up after drinking cold water, I just decided it was the temperature bothering my stomach. Could that be it?

It could possibly be the temperature changes or maybe I am still putting take much sugar? I have no idea.
  • cafisher0404
    cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Possible heartburn causing acid to build up and upset stomach?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Cold liquid can make me nauseous sometimes if I drink it too fast - but I have gastric reflux. I second "talk to your doctor".
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I've never had this reaction, but I've had major acid reflux when I've had coffee before a workout...
  • breezyy3141
    Options
    Cold liquid can make me nauseous sometimes if I drink it too fast - but I have gastric reflux. I second "talk to your doctor".

I could have possibly drank it too fast. I will definitely get it checked. Thank you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Hard intense exercise can cause nausea before ingesting something and after.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • breezyy3141
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hard intense exercise can cause nausea before ingesting something and after.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This is my first time working out since monday. And I did push myself alot harder today. So that could possibly be it?
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do you take vitamins on an empty stomach? This causes me to vomit. Could it all just be that you worked out and took your vitamin and that your stomach is upset and you coincidentally had coffee with it?
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    You said the first time it happened you had not worked out, and the second time you drank the coffee before exercise. I don't think the workout you did had anything to do with your vomiting. See a doctor if it happens again.
  • breezyy3141
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    Do you take vitamins on an empty stomach? This causes me to vomit. Could it all just be that you worked out and took your vitamin and that your stomach is upset and you coincidentally had coffee with it?

You know now that I think about it I did do that. I drank my coffee on an empty stomach and then after my workout I took my daily vitamin with my water and my vitamin c tablet. That could possibly be it! I might have done that the time where I didn't work out too.
  • Peregrymj
    Peregrymj Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Too much of vitamin supplement makes me puke, if you're throwing up 20-40 minutes after taking it it's almost definitely that. For me it's the iron content.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I throw up from tea or coffee on an empty stomach and also synthetic vitamins.