Breakfast ideas

Options
I usually have 2 eggs and 1/2 an avocado every morning for breakfast. Or some oatmeal with pb in it.

I enjoy those foods, but looking for other healthy options for breakfast on the go.

My diet philosophy is you can eat whatever you want as long as it's in portions and moderation. So throw me ideas guys!

Replies

• bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast sounds really delicious. Good source of protein and complex carbs. I'm a vegetarian so I do an Orgain protein shake typically for breakfast. It gets me started for the day with 24 grams of plant based and very healthy protein.
  • Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    meroqtuqlz44.jpeg
    This egg scramble is 359 calories. You could cut the cheese and ham in half for less. I don't know if you can see my recipes, but it is in there. I measure everything out the night before, so it is really easy to throw together in the morning.

If you look at food diary from yesterday (5/23) my Snack (1) is also something that would be great for breakfast.

I will also have the egg scramble for dinner and I just bought some wraps to try with it.
  • Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I also will have Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt (coconut vanilla) with fresh raspberries. The yogurt is only 80 calories but has a whopping 12 grams if protein.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    High protein/low sugar yogurt with fruit or granola for sweet; sprouted grain bagel or toast with peanut butter or hummus or smashed avocado for savory; leftovers from dinner for when I haven't shopped :). And if you have time to eat at home, I love cooking those frozen spelt pancakes or waffles and topping with fruit and honey.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast burritos, but I don't like eggs. I use morning star farms vegetarian sausage patties, hash browns ( the frozen ones cooked in a little oil) a little cheese, ketchup and tons of tobasco. I make a big batch, roll them in parchment paper, put in a ziploc bag and freeze. They reheat quickly on the defrost setting. I do this for lunch with corn, black beans and Spanish rice too.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Try overnight oats. I like mine with plain fat free yogurt and canned plain pumpkin and a few dried cherries and a little sesame tahini. I make mine with 1/3 cup old fashioned dry oats and siggis yogurt. No cooking!
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My current obsession is avocado toast - mashed 1/2 avocado on good wheat bread - sprinkle sea salt and red pepper flakes.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Those sound like great breakfasts! I like breakfast meats with my eggs. I found a chicken sausage that's delicious. And of course bacon!

But for on the go, my favorite is cold coffee, chocolate whey powder, peanut butter, and half a frozen banana. Makes a tasty frappuccino that's very filling. If I'm really in a hurry I can make it the night before and grab on my way out the door.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mmm I second the suggestion of mashed avocado on toast. Had that this morning, with a little squirt of sriracha, and salt and pepper. And a bowl of strawberries and apricots on the side, dipped in 0% coconut greek yogurt. I am actually SO full :).

-Most mornings I have to eat in the car because I work at 7am, so my breakfasts are herb and garlic cream cheese on toast with cucumber slices, and a banana on the side. Or 16g chocolate cream cheese and 5g natural peanut butter.

-If we have time to cook some mornings, we love poached eggs on toast, with turkey bacon on the side. And always fresh fruit.

-I also really love parfaits lately. 2% Liberte coconut greek yogurt, with chopped fresh fruit, and topped with Nature's Path Love Crunch chocolate macaroon granola cereal. THAT STUFF IS AMAZING.

-And then, for something more decadent, my boyfriend makes the best oatmeal. He toasts 1cup oats (for 2 of us) in 12g unrefined coconut oil. Then he cooks the oats in water mixed with cinnamon and vanilla extract. Once they're near ready, he tosses in fresh blueberries (or any other fruit really) so they can get all warm and tender. Top with more cinnamon, and some real maple syrup. Brown sugar if you have some extra calorie space for it.
  • Wineandyoga
    Wineandyoga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right now my go to breakfast is Dannon light and fit greek yogurt (80 calories) topped with fresh fruit, granola, and a little whipped cream, in a fancy parfait cup. 15 grams of protein and it makes me feel special, ha. :) Another favorite of mine are egg "muffins." You just whisk eggs with milk, toss in some meat/veggies (I like adding little bits of cooked sausage, chopped onion, and baby spinach), and bake them in a muffin pan (grease the sides with coconut oil). They pop out and look like muffins, and I can eat them in the car on those early morning commutes. I refrigerate the rest and eat on them for a few days.
  • melissanorth35
    melissanorth35 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos thst can be made a few days ahead and toasted up in the morning:

Ancient Grain tortilla
    1egg
    ham
    Cheddar cheese
    251cal

If you want it bulkier, adding an extra egg white with the whole egg, or add more ham, but swap out the cheddar for feta.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit boring when it comes to breakfast, as I can't really be bothered - usually cereal with either milk or Greek yoghurt.

If I'm saving calories for later in the day, I'll have a fried egg on a slice of wholemeal toast.

Occasionally I go to more trouble at the weekend and make pancakes, bacon rolls or luxury porridge (I add chocolate, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins!).

As you can see, in pretty traditional in the morning. I'm quite adventurous the rest ofthe day, but not first thing! And although I like veggies, I really don't fancy them at breakfast, unless it's beans or mushrooms as part of a fry up.

Maybe I should try and broaden my horizons.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy and cheap so instant oatmeal and peanut butter powder most days along with a chobani or something. I don't like eating more than 300 calories for breakfast. Hard boiled eggs are great as well
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast with cottage cheese and tomatoes.
    Peanut butter and banana toast.
    I usually have one or the other of those with my coffee until I get sick of them. Then I'll move on to something different.
  • saramariep14
    saramariep14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually have a fried egg with cheese and Canadian bacon on toast. This week has been corn tortilla with guacamole topped with an egg scrambled with onion, jalapeno, a little cheese and salsa - keeps me full until lunch.