Doing this on my own :(

Options
I'm new to this, I'm 25, 5ft1, single mother of a beautiful little boy who's about to turn 1. I've struggled to loose all the weight I gained when I was pregnant, I don't have anyone supporting me, so a little support and motivation from this app would be nice if anyone's willing :) I'm currently 14.12 stone and I'm trying to get down to 8 stone… its a lot I know and I shouldn't of let myself get to this weight now, but I did unfortunately
So some friends on here would be a great help I think xx

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    That said - I've suffered through many a "turning away" period - I messed up, then was ashamed, then filled with self loathing, and stopped logging and tracking. Then I had to come back anyway, usually with many more pounds to lose than if I had just been forgiving of myself for messing up a long time previous. Don't let occasional setbacks get you down. Just pick yourself up ASAP and get right back at it.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    HERE is a link to a list of the most helpful posts in the history of MFP. Even if you don't read the entire thread (some are very long threads, lol) read the first few posts in each one.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    all that being said though, it's great to have mfpals who understand what you're trying to accomplish and who can relate to your good days and bad. people who know your frustrations and elations with weight loss and gains and plateaus. so go ahead and add people, if you think someone said something insightful, or funny, or kind, don't be afraid to reach out. it can make a difference.
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me! I believe in multiple sources of motivation, especially on days when I want to "rest." I find this site & my little collection of friends AWESOME for that purpose.
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I am also a single mother :)
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    all that being said though, it's great to have mfpals who understand what you're trying to accomplish and who can relate to your good days and bad. people who know your frustrations and elations with weight loss and gains and plateaus. so go ahead and add people, if you think someone said something insightful, or funny, or kind, don't be afraid to reach out. it can make a difference.

Oh I certainly did not mean to discount the value of having friends to cheer you and encourage you! :) I only meant that ultimately, your motivation cannot be dependent on other people motivating you. :)