When did you first realize that your weight loss plan was really working for you?

Options

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I noticed it was working when I went to the doctor 6 weeks after I started logging, having not stepped on a scale once, and I had lost weight. My BMI was 39 at the time. I definitely couldn't see weight loss yet at that point.
  • nwd1976
    nwd1976 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    13kgs down. I am noticing significant changes. I just ran 3.Tom have done that for ever. Lots more energy. Love it☺
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    UnnieJamey wrote: »
    I didn't notice at all when I went away on a trip to South Korea for a month, I was posting lots of pictures on my Facebook account and everyone was commenting about my weight loss. I still didn't see it. Turns out I lost 60lbs just in that one month purely down to change in diet. I had to throw out all my size 14-16 jeans and spend a butt load of money on size 10-12s! That's when I realised how much it was. ^^ good luck on your journey xx

umm, so not trying to be a total dick, cause this thread is really sweet and motivating, but u lost 15lbs per week for 4 weeks straight??

Yeah I was wondering the same. It's a great thread and I don't want to call anyone a liar buuuuut...... 60lbs in a month?? Erm........
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    When my size 16 jeans started sliding down my butt. And also my tummy isn't holding my skirts in place anymore and I'm constantly pulling them down.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    you ALL are so encouraging!!!!! Can't wait to say I've dropped my 35!
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 75lbs so far and i look like it! Still have another 25 to go so i cant wait to see what i look like then. But i first noticed it when i dropped 15lbs and was able to start jogging instead of walking.
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I realized it when I was able to "stick to it" more than a handful of days and found out I can still eat everything I love (in moderation ).

Exactly! I'm doing WW Points and now as I write I'm having 'skinny' chicken cordon bleu and broccoli with melted laughing cow cheddar. I'm totally satisfied and lost 2.7 lb last week!

@MrsDogLady can you PM that recipe? Chicken cordon blue is my daughter's favorite she's requested it for her birthday dinner....I've been looking for a "lite" version!! What 7 year old loves chicken cordon blue? LOL!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I realized it was working for me after 2 weeks. The first week I simply practiced logging my food. The second week I started changing my food to reduce calories in and I maintained the consumption of a serving of Girl Scout cookies every day that week. At the end of the second week, I had lost 5 lb.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I first noticed I was actually losing weight while at work. My uniform pants were starting to get loose around the waist. Next thing I knew I was able to pull those pants all the way off without unbuttoning them! That's when I decided it was time to get a smaller size!! Lol
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Haha not until my pants were literally falling off of me! It was at that point that I realized how much easier this had been than I had anticipated and that I could achieve more than I had given myself credit for.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I had decided to take pictures every 20 pounds, and after that first 20, I didn't think I looked different in the mirror, but pictures definitely said otherwise. Other than that, I started needing a belt with my work pants because they were sliding lower and lower until they didn't fit at all. They actually gave me personal permission to buy my own pants because the work uniform ones were getting too big too quickly and don't fit right at all.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I pulled my jeans out of the dryer and they were too big/frumpy. In my mind I wasn't losing anything and the scale hasn't moved... but my clothes tell a different story
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    After about 30 lbs. down the pain in my knees and ankles stopped. I thought I was going to have to get knee replacement by age 40. Sad to think I probably did a number on my joints for all those years weighing too much. But happy to see my joints will last longer than they would have on the path I was going down.
  • aft85
    aft85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i felt for the past week like my weights a bit stalled, but yesterday i was thinking 'hmmm, my waist looks thinner' and two people commented on how they'd noticed i'd lost so much weight over the year.

so i guess things are still going on with it.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me what I do for weight loss. Also people I haven't seen in a while comment that I lost weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!