Nutritional value of homemade soup

Options
How do I figure out the nutrional value of a soup I made tonight. This is the recipe:
1 onion
1 head of cabbage chopped
1 pkg of turkey sausage
3 carrots
3 celery stalks
1 can ok bushes kidney beans
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 14oz can of stewed tomatoes
3 cups of chicken broth
garlic
thyme
bay leaf
3 tsp EVOO- I should of used Pam :(

I makes a huge pot of soup but I have no idea how to find the value in the bowl I ate.

Replies

• c5afwife
    Options
    How do I figure out the nutrional value of a soup I made tonight. This is the recipe:
    1 onion
    1 head of cabbage chopped
    1 pkg of turkey sausage
    3 carrots
    3 celery stalks
    1 can ok bushes kidney beans
    1 8oz can of tomato sauce
    1 14oz can of stewed tomatoes
    3 cups of chicken broth
    garlic
    thyme
    bay leaf
    3 tsp EVOO- I should of used Pam :(

I makes a huge pot of soup but I have no idea how to find the value in the bowl I ate.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    go to sparkspeople.com

they have a recipe counter you enter all those ingredients and BAM!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have added my fav recipes one meal, then saved it as 'save as meal' I have them with my name first so I can always find my fav recipes.

I can pretty much determine how many cups by adding all the cups of stuff I made it with!

then I just choose 1/10th of my soup recipe.

A pain at first, but once it is all logged in the next time you make it you even have the recipe!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    And please let me know what you saved it under, because I am going to try this recipe!! :wink:
  • c5afwife
    Options
    I'll add it later tonight once my boys go to bed and I'll let you know what it's under.
  • xtraquispe
    xtraquispe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ARE WE THERE YET- I love your dog!! :-)

I didn't realize spark people had that tool. I used WW before and they allow you to enter the recipe and how many servings it makes, ect, and the ONLY complaint I have about MFP is that recipes are hard to do...but saving as meal may be the way to go..thanks for the advice!!

AND I would love to try the soup also!!!

Chela
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    is it good? I like soup but only homemade......... can I get a bowl:huh:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can also try www.nutritiondata.com for a recipe analyzer. Sounds like a good soup! :drinker:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

This is an awesome site to find out the nutritional information, hope this helps!
  • c5afwife
    Options
    Ok according to spark people there is only 236. cals and thats a huge bowl! I put 5 servings but really it's more like 6 or 7 servings so the cals are less! I saved it under Cris' homemade Turkey sausage and cabbage soup. I had it again tonight and it was even better!