cheese!

Options
if im going to eat cheese on a sandwhich or some eggs or someplace else where i probably dont need it.. whats the kind that is the least bad for me?? i find it hard to find nutritional info on cheese, and when i do find something lower in calories, it tends to be LOADED with sodium.. any help?

Replies

• Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of fresh mozzerella
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Go for the real thing....one ounce is about 100 calories and a lot less sodium.
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Try laughing cow or baybel... YUM!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    I'd probably just go as natural as you can. It usually tastes better anyway.
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i found Lacey swiss to have a lot of protein and not alot of calories or fat! loove it!
  • fredd500
    fredd500 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Go for the strongest you can eat. That way, you get all the flavour with less of it.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'd probably just go as natural as you can. It usually tastes better anyway.

Absolutely!! European cheeses and cheeses from Trader Joe's are great because they do not have all the hormones that our American cows have!!

Cheese is high in sodium, but it is also high in protein. Eat it, enjoy it, but don't go overboard!
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This link should help-
    http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/content/7-best-cheeses

The cheeses are listed on left hand side in red
    I was reading the Super Market Eat This Not That book and it had this article
    I don't even eat cheese but thought that it was a particularly informative page
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    In general, the harder the cheese, the less fat (parmesan). Sharp cheddar (and other longer-aged cheeses) are really strongly flavored, and generally require less to make things taste good. There's also a FF feta that I've heard is pretty good.
  • nicole00lynn
    nicole00lynn Posts: 110
    Options
    thanks all!!