Running is hurting!

Options
I dont know if anyone has faces this! If yes, please help!
I have started pushing myself on treadmill to increase my fitness! I seem to have messed one of my foot! It hurts my outside of the foot unbearably! To the point i cant walk wothout limping! I still am doing the treadmill hoping that it wunt mess my leg any further! I also dont wanna go to the docs as i feel they might tell me to rest! I finally, after years of struggling, am managing to loose weight, so dont wanna stop!
Help!!

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit will take off the weight, exercise is for fitness. If you are in pain doing something, you need to stop and find out what is causing the constant pain. Continuing to do the activity that is causing pain is going to do more harm than good.

After you rest (and hopefully go to the doctor) then try the treadmill again and slow down.
  • Joaner62
    Joaner62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was listening to a podcast and it said, which I feel is very true, that you can`t exercise yourself away from a bad diet. Counting calories will make you loose weight. You need to rest your foot like micromouse said or you`re setting yourself up for a serious injury
  • AndrewD315
    AndrewD315 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pain is never good in fitness if your not going to get this checked out which would be the #1 thing to do at least change up to stop the pain. Could try new shoes, go to a brisk walk with incline to go your cal. Burn, shorter amount of time at once on the machine (getting totals up a little at a time,it will add up to the same if you take brakes or even supper set with non-foot stressing cardio. Good luck and take care of yourself!!

[
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats for getting on the right path to weight loss, health, and fitness. If you think the doc would suggest you stop, at least temporarily, then that would be a good thing. At age 26, most of us thought nothing bad would happen. But it can. You want to be able to walk properly the rest of your life, and that's a long time. Don't mess it up now! There are lots of fitness alternatives to running, including swimming, that are less likely to cause pain in your foot. Consider looking into those so you don't have to "stop". Please take care of yourself!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    micromouse wrote: »
    you need to stop. get it checked out. The treadmill will still be there tomorrow. Running on an injury can make it worse and instead of 2-3 days off, you could end up with several months off. been there done that.

Do this. It could be nothing. It could be plantar fasciitis. Get it checked out. And rest it until you do.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You need to stop. You will make your foot worse. That does not increase your fitness.
    Rest your foot and/or see a doctor.
    You can do exercises that don't involve being on your foot. Someone mentioned swimming already. There are some seated workouts on You Tube. Jessica Smith has a couple.
    Try stretching your feet. http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/5-Foot-Stretches-to-Prevent-Injuries
  • rupipunch
    rupipunch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!
    I think i will go very slow on the exercise...take a week off and see how it goes! If no change definitely will do see the doc! In the mean time will ask the instructors for non foot related activities!!