Muscle cramps

Options
slifter16
slifter16 Posts: 53 Member
What food generally helps with muscle cramps ? (On the other hand) are dill pickles healthy ?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I usually make sure I'm getting enough magnesium and potassium to help with cramps or twitches. In a deficit I usually have to supplement.

And why wouldn't dill pickles be healthy? It's a pickle.
  • PhilP0wer
    PhilP0wer Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yep, what she said! If you're cramping you're probably low on magnesium, potassium or both. For me it was potassium, once I started paying attention to that it solved my problems.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Pickles are good -- mostly vinegar and salt.
  • slifter16
    Options
    PhilP0wer wrote: »
    Yep, what she said! If you're cramping you're probably low on magnesium, potassium or both. For me it was potassium, once I started paying attention to that it solved my problems.

What are some types of fruits that have magnesium and potassium, bananas right ?

• slifter16
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Pickles are good -- mostly vinegar and salt.
    I thought they were to good because of the sodium
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    slifter16 wrote: »
    PhilP0wer wrote: »

What are some types of fruits that have magnesium and potassium, bananas right ?

Not really a fruit, but coconut water is a very rich source of both of these things and some unsweetened brands are as low as 30 calories per cup! I personally hate the taste of plain coconut water but I found by blending it with protein powder (I prefer Quest) it tastes much better and adds a really neat tropical twist! Very refreshing!