Jillian Michaels Bodyshred

Options
2»

Replies

• hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    funny you mention doing it 3-4 times a week. I was doing it 6 days a week but a knee injury set me back. I was just thinking I was going to restart and do every other day to give my body time to recover. There is a lot of plyo in it. Thanks @tinananan7 for your post!
  • KatMR16
    KatMR16 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What were your results with body revolution? I am currently about to move towards work 3 and 4 for two weeks.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I just did the first workout for BodyShred (Launch) and really enjoyed it! I found it online on dailymotion.com. There were a few other workouts from Bodyshred on there I am going to try before I buy the set. I hope everyone is still enjoying the workouts! Great job!! :smile:
  • hmrey76
    Options
    Here are my results from body revolution:

-10 lbs
    chest: -1.5"
    waist: -1.5"
    Hips: -1.75"
    Thigh: -1.5"
    Arm: -0.5"
  • tinanana7
    tinanana7 Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I checked out some of the videos on daily motion and will probably be incorporating some of the circuits into my class :) I do love her workouts!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I did JIllian's Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism a few days ago and liked it. My watch said I burned 350 calories doing it. Everything on in was doable also nothing really crazy.
  • Debbiefire
    Debbiefire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using shred with weights with the kettle bells. My arms are coming back around. Just need extra hip and thigh shaping. Does sje have lower body sculpting tapes?
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeah, she has one called Killer Buns and Thighs and that is the best of the bunch, I think.

• Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm a longtime fan of Body Revolution, got in sick shape with those workouts & I still use them. I just got Body Shred and will be starting tomorrow. I'll probably start with 1&2.
  • hmrey76
    Options
    Good Luck! Hope you enjoy it. I only finished week 1 then got a knee injury. I just went back to BR to easy back into the crazy plyo. Once I finish up phase 2 & 3 again of BR, I will begin bodyshred again.
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed body revolution and have done it multiple times, but I cannot get into body shred. I find she tries to make traditional moves different by adding something to the move making it more complicated than it should be but at the same time I dont feel like I got a good workout come the end of the 30 minutes, unlike with body revolution or even her other dvds. Also last summer I hurt my calf exercising & for some reason this workout really bothers my leg, even with modifications & wearing my compression sleeve.
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed body revolution and have done it multiple times, but I cannot get into body shred. I find she tries to make traditional moves different by adding something to the move making it more complicated than it should be but at the same time I dont feel like I got a good workout come the end of the 30 minutes, unlike with body revolution or even her other dvds. Also last summer I hurt my calf exercising & for some reason this workout really bothers my leg, even with modifications & wearing my compression sleeve.
    This. It just feels like she put it together to say, "look what I can make you do!" She's not Jillian in this either, it's like she's trying to go way out of her way to be nice and the fake giggles are ridiculous. I thought maybe I had JM burnout since I'd just finished another round of Body Revolution but had no problem going back to BR and Ripped in 30. I just can't get into it no matter how hard I try.
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeah... the second month workouts are a disappointment. Fiddly moves... wouldn't recommend.
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    I usually do 2 BR workouts and then skip a day or two, rotating among the challenging ones (#6-12). Today I thought I'd do BS 1&2 and found that I could only get through 1. It was even more cardio and plyo than BR, and faster change ups, HIIT-style. I'm going to try to do #2 day after tomorrow, and generally try to do only 1 for each WO if there is going to be this much HIIT throughout. (My HR was through the roof at points.) Time will tell if I can do BS as consistently as BR.
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    Well I did Day 2. It was okay, easier than 1. However, I think I'm going back to Body Revolution. I just liked the style better and I felt it more. Maybe I'll revisit Bodyshred in the future.
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    Ok so I went back to Body Revolution. BodyShred DID torch some calories but I was nervous that not enough focus was spent on form and I was worried about getting injured doing BodyShred, plus I did feel pain in my knees. Plus I felt burned out on it and like the BR cast dynamic a lot more. Currently I'm doing JMBR #11&12 every other day and it's working out well.
  • hmrey76
    Options
    I am starting Body Revolution back up tomorrow. Was out for a few months with my knee and back. So excited to be back!
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Love JM!I have several of her videos but my favorite is 30 Day Shred. I've completed it several times.