Eggs/egg whites for breakfast and meat for lunch and supper.

canadacatman
canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Who has eggs/egg whites for breakfast and meat for lunch and supper. I currently do now but I want to stop eggs for breakfast as I don't want to have animal protein for all 3 meals.

If you do why do you, and also if you don't why don't you.

Thanks

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 770 Member
    Hold up, when did eggs quit being animal protein? Is there an ovum shrubbery somewhere I don't know about?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Who has eggs/egg whites for breakfast and meat for lunch and supper. I currently do now but I want to stop eggs for breakfast as I only want to have animal protein for all 3 meals.

What do you mean by "only want to have animal protein for all 3 meals"? There's no need to overcomplicate. Get enough of everything and not too much of anything, and you're fine. You'll notice if it gets too much or too little - your weight starts moving in the wrong direction, you'll feel less energetic, your diet starts to be boring.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Two rules:
    1. Eat food that you like eating
    2. Eat enough, but not too much.

That's it, OP. Stop obsessing over "is that ok" or "is this not ok". Start logging.

Just do it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Do you also eat some plant foods or something?
  • canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member

Yes I eat salads, veggies, beans, potatoes etc.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I eat less meat than you do and have oatmeal with Greek Yogurt more often than eggs in the morning, but I agree with others this is chiefly a preference thing. Once in a while I crave an omelet or scrambled eggs, so I have some.

I'd say I for sure have meat of some kind every other day. Other protein sources I go to include cheeses, nuts (high in fat, I know), tofu, edamame, and various legumes.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

Yes I eat salads, veggies, beans, potatoes etc.

Okay, GOOD! :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Two rules:
    1. Eat food that you like eating
    2. Eat enough, but not too much.

3. Focus on eating and enjoy your food
    4. Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're not