Eating at home

Options
drewkirsty2
drewkirsty2 Posts: 1 Member
Hi all new to this... What times of day would you say best to eat as i normally dont have time til quite late?

Replies

• Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    Earlier the better. Have big lunch, smaller dinner. That might help
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry. There is no "magical" time (in spite of advice to not eat after 7pm etc.). Just stay within your calories for each 24 hour period.

Some people don't like to eat late at night because they feel the food sits like a rock in their gut and makes it uncomfortable - or they get heartburn, etc. That's personal preference.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Any time, just make sure you get the calories you need to function, AND don't overeat. Honestly, I don't eat breakfast, I dislike mornings and just... No. I'll have a small lunch, and this way I can have my snacks & good sized dinner, going to bed satisfied. And still lose weight.
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My doctors have all told me to eat smaller meals more often through out the day and that I should be eating every 2-3 hours.
  • TylerMJ76
    TylerMJ76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    24 hours is 24 hours.

If you want to eat all your daily calories at 11:55pm, knock yourself out.

It doesn't matter.

• TylerMJ76
    TylerMJ76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Time does make a difference!! Don't be fooled by this. Make sure you space out your meals, and eat food earlier the better... You need energy to burn during the day! Late night snacking is not a good thing to do- especially if you are trying to lose weight. The rule I follow and the rule my trainer gives me is, Stop eating after 7. If you're still hungry at night guzzle some water and go to sleep, because most of the time you start to have cravings when you get tired.

The highlighted items are just false...100% false.

What happens if you eat after 7? Do those calories you eat count as more?

So much bad information.

• SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My doctors have all told me to eat smaller meals more often through out the day and that I should be eating every 2-3 hours.

My surgeon has said this also and he works with bariatric patients. Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks spaced 2-3 hours apart. Eat more protein, veggies, and fruit and less processed/starchy carbs. Drink 64 oz of water minimum.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options

My surgeon has said this also and he works with bariatric patients. Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks spaced 2-3 hours apart. Eat more protein, veggies, and fruit and less processed/starchy carbs. Drink 64 oz of water minimum.
    Some of this is just to keep the patients from overeating. They tend to be used to eating so often, that this will keep them from snapping and snacking all the time. Habits are indeed hard to break.