Looking for friends with similar weight loss goals, 100 lbs

Options
Hello, I am looking for friends to join me in the weight loss journey. I am currently trying to lose 100+ lbs. I am 5'5, about 260 lbs, goal is 155 lbs. I have been counting calories for just a couple of days now and bought a scale today so I will officially start tracking my weight in the morning. If I can find friends that share common interests in addition to the weight loss that would be great, too. So a little about me...
I am a 26 year old woman, just got married in September and have a 1-year-old son. I recently lost my job and and am back on the job hunt. I love animals and always have kept pets: I currently have a lynx-point siamese cat and two carpet pythons. I have also kept rats, birds, dogs, crabs, and a lot of fish (saltwater and freshwater).
I enjoy music including indie, dubstep, metal, progressive, and world music. I am a fairly talented artist although I don't do much of it anymore, and studied computer animation for a while. My husband and I collect taxidermy and are beginning a historical weapons collection.
My weight loss plan consists of natural appetite suppressant supplements (we'll see if those work), a 1200 calorie diet and exercise. I have to get a code to use our apartment complex's gym, but I plan to begin on the treadmills tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in getting to know me and supporting each other in weight loss, let me know :)

Replies

• karenstuttard
    karenstuttard Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Karen, have the same sort of problems as you, need to loose lots of weight too, so yea lets support each other...
  • ethibault1978
    ethibault1978 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm at 52 day's and down 18, 60 day's in all and down 20.5lbs. Goal of a 100lbs. I have 3 kids. 6, 4, 3. I've dropped my calories allowed twice now. I found after 10 day's I wasn't as hungry as I thought. Feel free to add me. Good luck.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have lost 105 with 145 to go feel free to add me
  • courtneynquinn
    courtneynquinn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Courtney from Chicago. I'm in the same boat, feel free to add me too
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Megan .... I have 98lbs to lose ....feel free to add me ...wishing everyone much success :)
  • jmachiejr
    jmachiejr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is James from St. Louis. I'm in the need to lose 100+lbs club. I just started on here myself and you are welcome to add me.
  • swtcathy
    swtcathy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Cathy from Georgia. My goal is 60 pounds. I would be glad for us to be support buddies. Just getting serious with my weight lose and healthy lifestyle.
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm five foot nothin' and 206 pounds. I need to lose about 80, so feel free to add me. I'm almost halfway through CouchTo5K and just got back to heavy lifting after surgery, so I will take all the support I can get!
  • MzJax
    MzJax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 100lbs also! Adding you know. Everyone feel free to add me also!
  • betterdani1
    betterdani1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Danielle and would also like to lose about 100 lbs. Add me if u like to
  • donnaboyer161
    donnaboyer161 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me im in Union city
  • HeatherL0527
    HeatherL0527 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me ... not sure how to add you lol
  • ruzz3ii
    ruzz3ii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck -- I have lost 50, with 40 to go, don't give up during the long dormant doldrums. It's a learning & experimentation process. Some days, you actually lose weight.
  • always4my2kids
    always4my2kids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd love a MFP buddy! I have a lot of weight to lose - well over 100 pounds.
  • Terrafide0
    Terrafide0 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I too have committed to losing 100+ lbs. I'm new to MFP and need all the support and accountability I can get. Feel free to add me.
  • Amr085
    Amr085 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm looking to lose about 80-100 lbs.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I am looking to lose 165lbs. I have lost 16 since May 14 and I love new friends.
  • Peaches160
    Peaches160 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would love to make some supportive friends.... I have 80 pounds to lose :blush:
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    We are almost body twins! I'm 5'1" and currently 260 looking to go to 130. Also recently married and job hunting. My love of animals focuses mostly on cats, though, and there's nothing in the world that could persuade me to become a mom. lol Friend request sent!
  • foxyfl
    foxyfl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was 268 I'm 5'3. I lost 100 lbs in 14 months. I had my third child almost a year ago. I'm now 199 and also am seeking more motivation and support. I'll support you as well:)