Fitness trackers that aren't work on your wrist

Options
Hello! I am looking to get a fitness tracker that I don't have to wear on my wrist (I cannot wear anything on my wrist at work). I would like to get onr I could wear around my ankle at work and then on my wrist when I'm not working. Does anyone have a fitness tracker they wear on their ankle? Would I be better off getting a clip on one?

I would like to get onr that shows my heart rate if possible.

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit Charge HR that I wore on my ankle. I can't stand wearing any type of jewelry/accessories so I figured if I wore it on my ankle it would not only be more accurate but also not annoy me. Turns out it still annoyed me to have it touching my skin but it worked perfectly well on my ankle. I wore it on my wrist a few days when I first got it and much preferred the ankle. Alas, I couldn't deal with how it felt so I sold it.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One. I clip it to my pants pocket, or my bra. Never know it's there. I love it. I hate jewelry of any kind and can't wear stuff on my wrist or ankles...drives me batty. Fitbit One is PERFECT.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Fitbit One. I clip it to my pants pocket, or my bra. Never know it's there. I love it. I hate jewelry of any kind and can't wear stuff on my wrist or ankles...drives me batty. Fitbit One is PERFECT.

I have the FitBit One as well and love it.

Note: it's not a heart rate monitor. I was ok with this after reading reviews on Amazon about products with HR monitors that were giving steps for driving, etc. and that otherwise had step counts not as accurate as people's previous trackers, which was often the One.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    I had a fitbit Charge HR that I wore on my ankle. I can't stand wearing any type of jewelry/accessories so I figured if I wore it on my ankle it would not only be more accurate but also not annoy me. Turns out it still annoyed me to have it touching my skin but it worked perfectly well on my ankle. I wore it on my wrist a few days when I first got it and much preferred the ankle. Alas, I couldn't deal with how it felt so I sold it.

The Zip and One can be clipped onto your clothing, which would be more accurate than wearing a wrist one (especially one that measures heart rate) around your ankle.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex and just keep it in my pocket (this is an acceptable way to use it according to the Fitbit site). I wore it on my wrist for a while but it was having issues tracking steps while pushing a stroller, which I do a lot. Had I known I was going to use it like this I would have opened for the One from the get-go but I've been using my Flex this way for a couple of years now so eh.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I miss the BodyMedia FIT. :'(
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the One. Seems like a HR monitor one wouldn't be much use if you couldn't wear it on your wrist all the time?
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One. I put it in my pocket. I returned my Fitbit Flex less than a week after I got it because it tracked steps while driving, which thoroughly pis.s.ed me off.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the ONE or the ZIP. I had a zip for 14mths, clipped it on my bra and didn't have any problems with it. I don't see the point to forking out for a HR monitor device if you are going to wear it on your ankle..
  • alyssa0061
    Options
    Mine measured my heart rate just fine on my ankle. It wasn't any different than wearing it on my wrist
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Mine measured my heart rate just fine on my ankle. It wasn't any different than wearing it on my wrist

Really? I didnt think it could pick up a pulse on your ankle.
  • alyssa0061
    Options

Really? I didnt think it could pick up a pulse on your ankle.

I did a lot of research before I bought one because I knew I'd be wearing it on my ankle from the start. I also knew I wanted a heart rate monitor. From what I read and understand, it's just as accurate on the inside of the ankle as the wrist. I certainly found that to be true. I wish the feeling didn't bother me so much because I really did love the fitbit, especially the HRM.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine and LOVE it. First and foremost, it runs on a battery so I never have to charge it. Charging was a huge turn off for me. It comes with both a wrist band and a belt, bra, or shoe clip (or wherever else you can manage to clip it). Love this thing and much cheaper then a fitbit. One thing I noticed with my misfit is that whatever calories MFP gives me for exercise, my Misfit seems to be about 50-100 under that which is perfect b/c everyone always says that MFP over estimates exercise calories. So I feel like this thing is pretty accurate both steps and calorie wise.
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit One :)
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine and LOVE it. First and foremost, it runs on a battery so I never have to charge it. Charging was a huge turn off for me.

And I'm the opposite lol. I love being able to just recharge overnight 1x a week and not worry about additional battery waste.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine and LOVE it. First and foremost, it runs on a battery so I never have to charge it. Charging was a huge turn off for me.

And I'm the opposite lol. I love being able to just recharge overnight 1x a week and not worry about additional battery waste.

Me too! I lost count of how many batteries i had to buy for my zip.
    With the Alta, i only need to charge it once a week for 15 minutes and it's good for another week.

• wizzybeth
    Options
    I may not have to charge it all night, that's just what I do since I'm only sleeping anyway lol
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I may not have to charge it all night, that's just what I do since I'm only sleeping anyway lol

I leave mine on overnight so i can track my sleep.
    I'm super impressed how quickly the alta charges up, not sure if it's this quick for all trackers.

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One. Had mine a little over a year now and it's great. Keep it in my pocket daily. Be careful though, small and easy to misplace or end up in the washing machine. Happened once for me but still works. Amazing.
    Saved $30-$40 buying new on ebay.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I also had the One and really liked it. Until I lost it. I think it was more accurate than my current FitBit which is worn on the wrist.