Ladies who are 5'6, 143 lbs, 44 yrs old who works out with cardio/strength training most days...

Options
How many calories do you eat per day? Do you eat back those exercise calories? Still losing weight or maintaining?

Replies

• Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    43 and 168lbs. Don't eat calories back as average burn is included in my calculations, eating 1800 a day during the week and 2400 at weekends on average. Roughly maintaining as marathon training atm (I say roughly as if I'm strict at a weekend I'll lose a little, but other weekends I'm less strict and put a little on so fluctuating around the same weight +/- 1-2lbs). Would like to lose another 20-30lbs but marathon training makes me soooo hungry!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Samstan101 wrote: »
    43 and 168lbs. Don't eat calories back as average burn is included in my calculations, eating 1800 a day during the week and 2400 at weekends on average. Roughly maintaining as marathon training atm (I say roughly as if I'm strict at a weekend I'll lose a little, but other weekends I'm less strict and put a little on so fluctuating around the same weight +/- 1-2lbs). Would like to lose another 20-30lbs but marathon training makes me soooo hungry!

I can only imagine! I would be starving if I were doing marathon training!! Good luck to you! I didn't eat back calories when I was 168 to where I am now and I lost weight with a 1200 calorie/day diet. Now that seems way too low for me and I'm now eating 1600-1800 calories a day and eating at least half of my calories back. I was just curious what others are doing.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If losing about 1800 a day.
    Maintenance non winter 2500
    Maintenance winter 2000

Yes I eat back exercise calories
    I am on a small cut atm nothing serious not really caring one way or the other.

43 and 153 last time I weighed.
    Lift 4x a week cardio at least 6x a week
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Maintenance winter 2000

What do you mean by "small cut atm"
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Maintenance winter 2000

What do you mean by "small cut atm"

only looking to lose a couple pounds that I gained over the winter but not to concerned....if it goes at 1/4lb a week or whatever.