Logging exercise calories

Options
Hi, I haven't been so far, but I am going to start logging my exercise so I can monitor this a bit more closely - time spent, calories burnt etc...

However, I don't intend to eat my exercise calories back.
When I log exercise MFP automatically gives me those calories back on my daily food allowance. Is there a setting I can use to say I don't want it to calculate my exercise calories in my daily allowance, whilst still logging my exercise...
Thanks in advance

Replies

• mclelis
    mclelis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just try putting your exercise in "notes" on the exercise page, then you can track your exercise, but it won't adjust your calories.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up so you are meant to eat back your exercise calories. OK I wouldn't encourage anyone eating more than 50-75% of them but it wont hinder your weight loss and you'll not feel hungry or hangry! :smiley:

If you really don't want to see the cals added when you log an exercise, change the calorie burn to 1 calorie.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There is a setting for this, but only for Premium users. If you're following MFP's calorie goals, you're expected to eat a portion of the calories back.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    change the calories to 1....
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    However, I don't intend to eat my exercise calories back.

I hope you didn't use MFP to set your calorie goal then?
    Use a TDEE calculator instead.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    ... or you could get an account with one of the many exercise tracking sites out there (strava, map my run, map my walk with the dog, ride with gps, garmin connect, etc etc) and log your exercise there. Don't connect it with MFP so the calories won't flow to your food goal. But you'll have a record of them, a calendar view, and maybe other useful info about what you did. I find the calendar view helps me get a better idea of my total exercise load.

But, also, you're like a car, exercise is like being driven, calories are like gas.