Thai Chicken and Pineapple Stir Fry

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
    1 tbsp Thai Kitchen fish sauce
    2 tbsp cornstarch
    1 tbsp oil, divided
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp minced ginger
    2 cups cubed assorted colors bell peppers (1/2-inch cubes)
    1 red chili pepper, chopped (optional or to taste)
    1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
    1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Pineapple & Chili dipping sauce
    cilantro leaves (for garnish)

Directions:

Mix chicken and fish sauce in medium bowl. Add cornstarch; toss to evenly coat. Set aside.

Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and
    ginger; stir fry 30 seconds. Add bell peppers, chili pepper if using and pineapple; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. Add sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from skillet.

Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until cooked through. Return bell pepper mixture to skillet; stir fry until well blended. Garnish with cilantro.

Servings: 4 • Size: 1.25 cups • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 186.6 • Fat: 4.6 g • Carbs: 15.5 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 20.8 g • Sugar: 8.3
    Sodium: 557.2

Thai-Chicken-and-Pineapple-Stir-Fry.jpg
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    does anyone have any low cal chinese food ??

Asian Glazed Drumsticks

8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
    1 cup water
    1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 tsp ginger, grated
    2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
    1 tsp sesame seeds

In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 drumsticks • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 213 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 27.5 g • Carb: 12.7 g • Fiber: 0.4 g

Asian-Glazed-Drumsticks.jpg
  • koizumi6
    Options

Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken – Lightened Up

Light Peanut Sauce:
    14.5 oz fat free chicken broth (vegetarians use vegetable broth)
    5 tbsp better'n peanut butter
    1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
    2 tbsp honey
    2 tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
    1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
    2 cloves garlic, minced

16 oz chicken breast, cut into thin strips
    salt and pepper (to taste)
    1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce (more or less to taste)
    juice of 1/2 lime
    5 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
    1 tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
    1/2 tbsp sesame oil
    8 oz rice noodles

3/4 cup green onion, chopped
    1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
    1 1/4 cups cup shredded broccoli slaw
    1 cup bean bean sprouts
    2 tbsp chopped peanuts
    1 lime, sliced
    cilantro for garnish (optional)

For the peanut sauce: Combine 1 cup chicken broth, peanut butter, sriracha, honey, 2 tbsp soy sauce, ginger, and 3 cloves crushed garlic in a small saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until sauce becomes smooth and well blended, about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
    Boil water for the noodles cook pasta according to package instructions.
    Season chicken with salt and pepper, sriracha, lime, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
    Heat a large skillet or wok until hot. Add oil and sauté chicken on high heat until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
    Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, scallions, carrots, broccoli slaw and/or bean sprouts and salt, sauté until tender crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
    Drain noodles and toss with peanut sauce and additional chicken broth if needed to loosen the sauce. When chicken is cooked, toss with noodles.
    Divide noodles and chicken between 6 bowls, top with sauteed vegetables, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts (or you can toss everything together to hide the vegetables so your family members don't push them aside!) and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
    Calories: 337.9 • Fat: 4.6 g • Carbs: 51.4 g • Fiber: 3.7 g • Protein: 21.1 g

Indonesian-Chicken-Peanut-Noodles.jpg
  • irishwitch
    irishwitch Posts: 21
    Options

Asian Glazed Drumsticks

8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
    1 cup water
    1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 tsp ginger, grated
    2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
    1 tsp sesame seeds

In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 drumsticks • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 213 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 27.5 g • Carb: 12.7 g • Fiber: 0.4 g

Asian-Glazed-Drumsticks.jpg

OMG this looks amazing. I know what is for dinner tomorrow. But do you think i can do it with chicken breast instead. I don't like thigh meat.
  • koizumi6
    Options
    Yes, definitely. I found that recipe on www.skinnytaste.com. Gina has great recipes!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • irishwitch
    Options
    And yay it is under 5g of Fat. I have gallstones so until my gallbladder is removed I must watch my fat intake. :) SO thank you so much. Dinner tomorrow. yay with some brown rice.
  • kmh1980
    kmh1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! These are great!
  • dodgergirl08
    Options
    Bump!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Ok was wondering what to cook tonight, so I made my own recipe for a veggie omelette:

2 Eggs
    1 small courgette, shredded
    1/2 small red onion
    teaspoon capers
    4 (or however many you fancy) olives
    handful of sliced musrooms
    1 desert spoon olive oil
    25g low fat cheese

Heat oil and sautee onion, adding a little water if dry then add shredded courgettes. Cook for a few minutes until courgettes soft, then add mushrooms. Cook for another couple of minutes - add in olives and capers. Add the beaten eggs and sprinkle cheese on top. Place under grill for around 3 minutes or until cheese melted and eggs cooked.

Delish! :)
  • kellystjohn88
    kellystjohn88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • irishwitch
    Options
    That Asian Glazed Chicken was great. Used breast instead of drumsticks and just sliced them kind of like they do at a Chinese restaurant. Took them out after they were done. And then did the glaze up and as it finally got thicken up put the chicken back in. Was fabulous. And with the Chicken breast only 148 calories per server, as says the recipe calculator on here. SO thank you so much for the recipe, and the site. I have found so many I want to try.

Stephanie
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • koizumi6
    Options
    That Asian Glazed Chicken was great. Used breast instead of drumsticks and just sliced them kind of like they do at a Chinese restaurant. Took them out after they were done. And then did the glaze up and as it finally got thicken up put the chicken back in. Was fabulous. And with the Chicken breast only 148 calories per server, as says the recipe calculator on here. SO thank you so much for the recipe, and the site. I have found so many I want to try.

Stephanie

awesome! I'm glad you liked it. I'll have to try it with the breast meat. sounds delish
  • koizumi6
    Options
    Kalamata-Feta Chicken and Orzo

Ingredients
    1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
    1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
    1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
    10 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
    8 grape tomatoes, finely chopped
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
    4 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
    4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    Cooking spray
    1/2 cup water
    Preparation

Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
    Combine olives, tomato, parsley, cheese, 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
    Coat chicken with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 2 teaspoons fresh oregano.
    Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a serving plate; keep warm.
    Add water to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Pour mixture over chicken. Top chicken with olive mixture, and serve with orzo.

4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 3/4 cup orzo, and 2 tablespoons olive mixture)

CALORIES 354 (17% from fat)
    FAT 6.8g (sat 2.2g, mono 2.8g, poly 1g)
    PROTEIN 33.9g
    CARBOHYDRATE 37.2g
    FIBER 1.7g
    CHOLESTEROL 74mg
    IRON 3.1mg
    SODIUM 634mg

kalamata-chicken-oh-1733154-l.jpg
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options