Can't sleep,, with empty stomach

Options
2»

Replies

• emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input. veggies...yech...I drink my veggies in super greens, for lunch.

If you eat the veggies not drink them you'll feel fuller because they'll stay in your stomach longer as your body will need to do more work to digest them. Have a big pile of broccolli or something with dinner.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I eat something carb-y about an hour before bed.
  • Can_Do_Gal
    Can_Do_Gal Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't know anything about low carb because I don't have an issue with carbs.

If I were in your shoes, I'd either:
    - Save a little dinner & eat it at bedtime. OR
    - Find a recipe for low-carb cookies & whip up a batch. Freeze most & either microwave before eating or take some out earlier in the day so they're defrosted at bedtime. That way, you can control the salt. Plus homemade is so much yummier!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep with an empty belly. I need a low carb, low salt and sugar cracker or cookie to fill it before going to bed. Am I the only one?

My typical bedtime snack is a couple of hard cooked eggs and some of my special recipe finger jello. My afternoon snack is the one that can vary. I pre-log every other meal and snack, then see what I have left so I can determine how many carbs I can have in the afternoon (I am T2Dm so I do need to moderate my carbs a bit)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    as others have said we eat dinner late.. like 10-12 late. then we go to sleep lile an hour or so later. This helps me from being a maniac in the morning as if i never ate food before.
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Working on a new strategy of raw veggies and tea. Radishes are fantastic low calorie and high fiber snack. The time between dinner and bed is a major snack attack time for me.
  • tommytorpedo
    tommytorpedo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A lot of good ideas here. I have been trying half of a cheese or peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat before going to bed. It doesn't affect my morning blood sugar readings and I sleep well.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Same as a few others, I started eating dinner late and that seems to help a lot.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My friend got me to try baby snacks. They have some melty bites that are like puffed rice, but come in fruit flavors. That, or a rice cake.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner right before bed. I can't sleep on an empty stomach either
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have to save 300 calories before bed every night or I can't sleep and end up in a binge.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at going to bed hungry either. In fact right now I am struggling to resist the temptation of a bowl of cereal to quieten down my rumbling tummy.

The best thing you could have before bed is high protein 0% fat Greek yoghurt like Fage since the Caesin protein is slow release and will allow your body to repair muscles whilst you sleep. I think low fat Cottage Cheese is another good source of Caesin but personally I'm not keen on it.

Now, where's my cereal bowl & spoon....