Looking for buddies on keto

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is, Sheri and I'm not really new here. I have actually lost weight before using this app as a tool in helping me. Life happened and having a hysterectomy has caused my weight gain. I am now back on track and living the life style of a keto diet plan. This has always worked for me. I am weight training at the gym and now looking for others who are on my same journey.
I'm not getting any younger and more determined than ever to be healthy and in the best shape of my life.

Replies

• gayleofdallas
    gayleofdallas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started keto yesterday and would love to have some keto diet friends. Feel free to add me. (I'm not new here either)
  • nikinikimaki
    nikinikimaki Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Keto diet for about a week now after dialing my macros in to a more balanced approach than all carbs all the time. I work out with weights M/W/F and run T/Th/Sa.

Hopefully this will be the time the weight stays off for good :-)

Please add me as a friend if you'd like. I'd love having more keto-dieters in my life.
  • pstuart2001
    pstuart2001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Pamela, I'm new here and also to the keto lifestyle. I've eaten primal for 3 months but I hadn't lost any weight the last 2 months, so here I am eating way more fat and loosing weight
  • sherry9999
    sherry9999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just started the Ketogenic plan. I set up myfitnesspal macros to reflect what I am going to try to achieve. I have tried everything under the sun without success. I have an adult son who is doing wonderful on this plan. So I am going to try it. So please friend me and we will keep each other accountable.
  • shancrouch1
    shancrouch1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm planning on starting a Keto diet Sunday and could use friend to help me out. I found a wonderful 30 day plan for it with everything laid out (grocery list, recipes, etc). Do you want to try it with me?
  • Relajuice
    Relajuice Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've had some success with Keto and set my macros to the Keto_calc recommendations.

Feel free to add me.
  • tenenda
    tenenda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Doing som lchf over here!! Glad to see I'm not the only one adjusting the macros etc on mfp .
  • Skinnymine
    Skinnymine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sherry9999 wrote: »
    Just started the Ketogenic plan. I set up myfitnesspal macros to reflect what I am going to try to achieve. I have tried everything under the sun without success. I have an adult son who is doing wonderful on this plan. So I am going to try it. So please friend me and we will keep each other accountable.

I really need some help with getting my calories to where they need to be I just started ketogenic and it's hard to get my calories up and avoid sugar
  • vingt2
    vingt2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto this weekend and am having troubles tracking ?
    How do you set up your MFP to accommodate the Keto entries?
  • WorkTheChallenge
    Options
    vingt2 wrote: »
    I just started Keto this weekend and am having troubles tracking ?
    How do you set up your MFP to accommodate the Keto entries?

You can go into your settings and in the goals section you can change your macros. Most starting out go for about 5% carbs, 75% fat and 20% protein.

I lift and exercise so I actually have mine set for 65% fat, 27% protein and 8% fat. For me that translates to 81g protein, 87 g fat and 25 g carbs.
  • s955
    s955 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm in! :)
  • johnneedhamSr
    johnneedhamSr Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Let's Keto together.