My success story 180lb lost:3 years on and still going strong (with a few before and after pictures)

Options
zezelryck
zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
It occurred to me earlier that today was the third year anniversary of the day I finally took control of my senses and life.

On this day back in 2013 (29/05/2013) I joined my local slimming group. My life had been going downhill for many years and almost all of it was self inflicted. I used to be a heavy drinker, smoker and a junk food addict. I'd go to work and eat junk all day, then I would come home, buy alcohol, buy takeaway food and slob out all night.

In 2010 I ended up in hospital as I was having breathing difficulties. What I thought would be a short check up and discharge ended up being a 29 night stay. I was diagnosed with congenital heart failure, type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea; these symptoms where on top of the gout attacks I was frequently suffering from. As a 2 year old child I had received open heart surgery for a condition known as Tetralogy of Fallot.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!