Perfect Macro Day? (prefer vegetarian but not req)

I love cooking, but I have found that left to my own devices my food is all over the place, mostly carb high and low protein. Anybody have a "perfect" macro day of meals they'd love to share? Ideally I'd like to shoot for about 1600 calories with a strong workout regiment from fitnessblender, but if your day has more or fewer calories I can adjust as necessary with different portion sizes or something. Protein shakes are acceptable but not required. I'd prefer to eat vegetarian, but that's not a hard set in stone rule since I have 5 other people in my family I provide for.

I just would love to see what somebody else's good macro day looks like. Thanks!

Replies

• rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Vegetarian on 1200 cal net.
    This is fairly spot on for my macro goals, although tend towards 70-90gm protein most days then over on fats or carbs. My diary is open if you want to see what I eat.

xafdeqh3mk6n.png
  • teacherbell
    teacherbell Posts: 19 Member
    Sorry, I was probably unclear, I'm looking for like what you specifically ate that day to make a perfect macro day.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Stick to around 25% protein at the end of the day, with fat and carbs where you find they work best.
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    I log 4 meals plus a snack. My day starts around 4:30am, too busy to stop & eat while at work. Usually have home cooked meals in the evening. That particular day:
    Breakfast & lunch: protein shakes
    Snack: roasted seaweed & apple
    Dinner: beet & farro salad with side of braised beet greens & mustard greens, a peach for dessert
    Supper: Tomato, egg whites & smoked cheese on sprouted 7 grain toast. Pineapple spinach yogurt

Feel free to look at my diary if you're interested. Don't know if recipes can be viewed by others, but have logged several vegetarian/vegan ones I've made.
    Highly recommend the cookbook "vegan under pressure" for quick easy vegan recipes. All based on pressure cooking, which is perfect for beans & grains :) Can always add animal to the dishes for rest of your family.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    When I was vegetarian looked for protein and fat before I pre-logged each night for the next day:
    tofu, chic peas, soy milk, eggs, peanuts, cheese, yogurt, split pea soup. I ate low carb vegetables like asparagus, mushrooms, cucumbers, snow peas, green beans, bell peppers, swiss chard, romaine, spinach.
    In order to get enough protein, I skipped fruits most days.