Workout Program!

Options
Does your workout program matter when trying to lose fat and possible build/maintain muscle? Or is it simply caloric intake? Because I'm deciding between a 12 week shortcut to size workout, or a 6 week shortcut to shred. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There are no shortcuts in life. Studies demonstrate that a strength program will enhance weight loss and maintain muscle mass.
  • TylerWhiite
    TylerWhiite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There are no shortcuts in life. Studies demonstrate that a strength program will enhance weight loss and maintain muscle mass.

Yeah I understand that, it's just the name of the lifting program haha.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Because you're concerned with body composition rather than just the number on the scale (props for that, btw!), yes, your workout does matter. I did Shortcut to Shred for a little while. If you're looking to lose fat at all, I'd recommend going with that.
  • TylerWhiite
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Because you're concerned with body composition rather than just the number on the scale (props for that, btw!), yes, your workout does matter. I did Shortcut to Shred for a little while. If you're looking to lose fat at all, I'd recommend going with that.

My only concern is the cardio acceleration. It will feel awkward and uncomfortable doing it haha. I was hoping to follow shortcut to size, but adjust the diet to few calories to lose fat.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Ahhh. I didn't follow Stoppani's diet. For one, being female changes things. Lol. I don't have any experience with Shortcut to Size, so I can't really compare the two.
  • TylerWhiite
    Options
    Ahhh. I didn't follow Stoppani's diet. For one, being female changes things. Lol. I don't have any experience with Shortcut to Size, so I can't really compare the two.

I personally fee that if I continue my proper diet, that doing the shortcut to size will help. It seems to be a great strength builder, and with my nutrition, I should be able to lose fat haha. But his nutrition plans are bananas! The calories are insane!! Way too much haha. Hopefully by watching my calories and working hard I will lose fat. I will definitely try shortcut to shred in the future though!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    tw807278 wrote: »

My only concern is the cardio acceleration. It will feel awkward and uncomfortable doing it haha. I was hoping to follow shortcut to size, but adjust the diet to few calories to lose fat.

But your question was does your workout matter when trying to loose fat, etc.. ? And yes it does. And is it possible to biuld/maintain muscle? You will not build muscle trying to cut fat. You will maintain muscle while cutting fat.

Can the first workout achieve muscle maintaining while eating at a deficit.. yes. You cannot build any, but just like just using any strength training with no cardio to cut fat is always doable.

You will find those that do not touch any cardio, to cut. And you will find some that do add in some cardio, so the cardio is a personal choice.

Lift weights and eat at a calorie deficit. You will maintain your muscle mass as long as your protein intake is adequate and you are in a calorie deficit to loose fat.