Soylent?

Options
2»

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    sugar, processed rice, processed wheat, multivitamin, anticaking/preservatives, goodness knows what, fake sugar, oil, oil. What's that quote from Crocodile Dundee? Well, you can live on it, but it taste like ...

• rickyberkey
    rickyberkey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree that it is better to eat whole foods, chemical free foods etc. etc. etc. However we all know that most of don't do that or we wouldn't even be here talking about diet and weight loss ( :blush: ). Soylent v2.0 in the pre-mixed bottles is simply a quickly consumed alternative that you can have with you when you are in a hurry to get to work, to a meeting or whatever rather than eating from the vending machine or being lured in by all the fast food drive-through windows along my route.

files.soylent.com/pdf/soylent-nutrition-facts-2-0-en.pdf
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Is it not expensive? I say have a back up plan in case your income has an unexpected drop x Good luck!
  • RR0817
    RR0817 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My step dad has used this and it did nothing for him. He is the fad diet king and will try anything. He wants to have a nice body but he doesn't want to work out to help it along so he looks like what some people would call "skinny fat," if anyone understands what that means.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Realizing that so many people like the convenience of soylent enough to not mind its boringness made me realize that not everybody takes as much pleasure in real food as I do. And that's OK. You can have more of it, I'll be eating vegetables and herbs and fruits and meats over here.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    There are many people on these threads who use meal replacements, whether they are smoothies, protein shakes, power bars, whatever. OP was looking for comments from others who have tried the product. It would be nice if this message board was used for support instead of food shaming.
  • rickyberkey
    rickyberkey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Indeed, I was just looking for impressions from people who had tried the product and if it was useful for their own plan. I understand that it is not for everyone and never implied that it was or should be.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I tried a sample bottle of Soylent once. It definitely kept me full from breakfast until lunch, but it had a powerful and strange aftertaste, sort of like drinking liquified Kix cereal.

If I were forced to be on a liquid diet for any reason, I wouldn't mind living on it, but it wouldn't be my go-to for everyday meals.

IIRC, there's a bunch of sites where people make their own variants on Soylent using multivitamins, protein powders, and other supplements, and my guess is that is more palatable since you can customize the drinks to your own tastes.
  • ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    [quote="questionfear;36644410"
    IIRC, there's a bunch of sites where people make their own variants on Soylent using multivitamins, protein powders, and other supplements, and my guess is that is more palatable since you can customize the drinks to your own tastes. [/quote]

Yep, diy.soylent.com is the main site for diy recipes. I use the one called "People Chow", but use whole oat flour instead of masa harina. My soylent tastes like oatmeal. I love oatmeal, so it's great. :smiley:
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I use Huel quite a bit when travelling with work. It's easy and doesn't need a whole lot of thinking about. I prefer the nutritional profile of huel as it isn't bulked put by maltodextrin.

It works really well for me.