HELP Dating a Gym PT (tiny issue)

Options
So I'm newly dating a hot trainer from the gym but When I go to workout I want to tell her kindly I don't want her to get in trouble for talking to me (and I really want to smash it out on the weights without distractions) ;)
How do I tell her I'm a lucky man but I just hope she will stay available to other patron?

Replies

• luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Exactly like you just did here! Nothing wrong with the way you said that at all, in fact she might like that you consider her a distraction
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just tell her that when you workout, you need to stay in the zone. If she comes to talk to you, it messes up the flow of your workout. If you wear headphones, remind her of the headphone rule. (Both in=no talkie. Both out=good to go) as a trainer & (I assume) fit person, she should understand this request. Dont be a jerk about it, add in that lucky man junk & you should be fine.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I would think of all people a personal trainer would understand what it's like to go in the gym an get in the zone. Just tell her how you feel about it, in "I FEEL" words. not "you distract me", but "I feel like when we talk to each other during my workout i get too distracted and can't stay in the zone", "maybe we can chat after my workouts instead", etc.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    My husband and I work at the same place but usually different shifts. When I'm working and I happen to see him leaving he just does a nod and a wink. You could do the same and then just proceed on with your workout. Sometimes it's just being acknowledged might be all a person needs.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Um, do you think your girlfriend would rather talk to you than earn her living?
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Has it been a problem so far or are you just anticipating it will be? If it's already been happening, I think you worded it perfectly already.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It's best you both were singing from the same sheet of music (sorry, military term), but the way you expressed yourself here is perfectly fine. I think she'd both understand and appreciate.
  • tmonty67
    tmonty67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think what you just said is perfect. Say it just the way you have said it here.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Haha. I was a PT dating a coworker, and I had the distraction problem myself. It was way more fun to watch him work out than do my job. I don't really have any advice, but man, you brought back some memories! ;)