A delicious vegan ice cream?

Options
2»

Replies

• paulgads82
    paulgads82 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Swedish glace are lovely. inexpensive too.

This. I prefer it to regular ice cream.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Read all ingredients to make sure you are not eating a refineries worth of chemicals.
    Test it. See if it melts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6aUOJIfazI
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Thank you I do read the labels and I do buy only organic ice cream or something that is 100% safe
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Read all ingredients to make sure you are not eating a refineries worth of chemicals.
    Test it. See if it melts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6aUOJIfazI

What are you talking about? These ice creams are made from frozen plant milks. Stop fear-mongering about vegan foods.
  • madcow132
    madcow132 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I make mine- freeze bananas in slices and then blizz them wit frozen berries, vanilla essence and a tablespoon of soy milk :)
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Luna and Larry's Coconut Bliss is amazing. I recommend the salted caramel and chocolate. They have about 5 different flavors at my local grocery.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    SO DELICIOUS. Oh, man.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Another vote for So Delicious Cashew Milk Ice Creams! I took it upon myself to "taste test" all of the new Vegan Ben and Jerry flavors. For science. I wasn't too impressed with the flavor (or lack thereof) and texture...but I still managed to finish each pint, lol. But I'll definitely be sticking with So Delicious from now on!
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    my absolute favourite is Luna & Larry's Dark Chocolate Coconut Bliss Dairy-Free. So creamy and so delicious. The perfect treat.
  • coco095
    coco095 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think I've tried just about every main stream vegan ice cream that their is. Each milk does it a little differently.

With coconut milk, you can still totally taste the coconut, so if you like that flavor that one is good.
    Almond milk is pretty creamy and doesn't have much of an almond-y taste.
    The best for sure is cashew milk ice cream, specifically So Delicious. Let me tell you, it's the closest to the real thing. Super creamy, texture is spot on. It's the best.

I have tried the Ben and Jerrys and I hate to say it, but they weren't the greatest. Maybe I went in with my expectations too high, but I thought they would have more of a wow factor. I hope you find some ice cream you like!!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    +1 for So Delicious cashew milk ice cream - salted caramel cluster is amazing!!!
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    coco095 wrote: »
    Hi! I think I've tried just about every main stream vegan ice cream that their is. Each milk does it a little differently.

With coconut milk, you can still totally taste the coconut, so if you like that flavor that one is good.
    Almond milk is pretty creamy and doesn't have much of an almond-y taste.
    The best for sure is cashew milk ice cream, specifically So Delicious. Let me tell you, it's the closest to the real thing. Super creamy, texture is spot on. It's the best.

I have tried the Ben and Jerrys and I hate to say it, but they weren't the greatest. Maybe I went in with my expectations too high, but I thought they would have more of a wow factor. I hope you find some ice cream you like!!

Cashew it is. Numerous recommendations. Thanks !