Low car high protein diet

Options
1ys2wzin9kth.jpeg

I was put on a low carb high protein diet, I wanted to know by maintaining both sections how I'm suppose too does the fat or sodium sections matter?? I have lost at least 5 lbs since I started this on 5/19/16. I haven't checked my current weight since last week on 5/26/16.

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Why were you put on this?
  • stephiemota
    stephiemota Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To lose weight that's all, I gained about 30 lbs so I decided to go on a weight loss program and this was given to me and follow.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Well, to be frank, it looks unnecessary and pointless and looks like it could be a VLCD. How many calories are you eating per day?
  • stephiemota
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Well, to be frank, it looks unnecessary and pointless and looks like it could be a VLCD. How many calories are you eating per day?

Thanks for your opinion, between 900 to 1100. Since I'm only suppose to eat 45 grams of carbs and 120 for protein sometimes I reach the goal for both and I'm still left with calories. So it's a bit hard or maybe I don't know how to follow this sheet or find a better way to lose weight.
  • Respheal
    Respheal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that really high protein intake can spike your blood sugar due to excess protein being converted into glucose. In fact, 120g seems pretty ridiculously high and, unless you're very, very active, I'd consider 120g a maximum instead of a minimum. Check with your doc on this, of course, but you may want to pad out your calories with more fat than protein.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Looks horribly sad....Nothing wrong with potatoes, peas carrots yams or half the stuff on the list....And it is very little food - do you want to gain it all back with interest after torturing yourself for a week or two? Never eat bread again?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "Forbidden." ;)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Why were you put on this?

I'm guessing this comes from a diet doctor (or someone who SELLS diets). The diets name contains "MD" in the title......but there is a reference to our Protein Fruit drinks. I'm guessing OP can buy those too.

OP (original poster)- with the long list of Forbidden foods, and access to 1 fruit only (maybe to bolster protein fruit drink sales)........doesn't sound like a formula for long term success.
  • stephiemota
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    Looks horribly sad....Nothing wrong with potatoes, peas carrots yams or half the stuff on the list....And it is very little food - do you want to gain it all back with interest after torturing yourself for a week or two? Never eat bread again?

Lol that's what I had said, I thought veggies are good for you. Bread I can eat only wheat bread usually I will eat one slice that contains 11g carbs. So yeah I'm like almost running out of ideas of what to eat.
  • getfit_fritch26
    getfit_fritch26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been on this diet...well not this exact one, but very restrictive carbs and high protein. My advice? Don't do it!

I did lose a lot of weight, but honestly I felt miserable. It wasn't sustainable either...most diets that are that restrictive generally lead to binge eating, falling off the wagon hard, or gaining it all back once you are done "dieting". As many times as it's been said on MFP, changing your lifestyle is so much better. Just be more active and watch your calories. Make smarter choices in the food you eat and how you spend your spare time. That weight will come off, just at a better pace.

Now I do 100-120 g carbs a day (which is still on the lower end) and feel so much better. I have more energy and it does allow me to eat some foods I love in moderation. With more energy I am so much more active! In the end, for me, any diet that restricts healthy, natural foods like whole grains and vegetables isn't a good idea.
  • stephiemota
    Options
    Well, if you are 900 calories per day of twinkies you would lose weight. This plan just restricts everything to make it a simpler task to eat low calorie. It isn't magic and frankly, you should throw it in the trash and fire whoever gave it to you.

Input your stats into MFP and follow the plan. It works.

Thanks, I will ask if maybe there's other diets that are not like this one lol, I'm new to all this but may i ask what MFP is?
  • Hornsby
    Options

Lol that's what I had said, I thought veggies are good for you. Bread I can eat only wheat bread usually I will eat one slice that contains 11g carbs. So yeah I'm like almost running out of ideas of what to eat.

Any diet that tells you what you can and can't eat should be disregarded. Eat a balanced diet within your energy requirements and profit.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are 900 calories per day of twinkies you would lose weight. This plan just restricts everything to make it a simpler task to eat low calorie. It isn't magic and frankly, you should throw it in the trash and fire whoever gave it to you.

Thanks, I will ask if maybe there's other diets that are not like this one lol, I'm new to all this but may i ask what MFP is?

MFP = MyFitnessPal. The site you are currently on.
  • Hornsby
    Options

My fitness pal. The website you are reading this on...
  • stephiemota
    Options
    rqvja1cje3dk.jpg

This is the other page that was given to me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Eat regular food....but log your portions in MFP. This site is a great tool to learn lots of healthier long term habits. These long term habits will not only help you lose the weight, but also help you keep it off.

I'm not fat because I eat fruits that aren't apples. I'm not fat because I eat a sandwich a lunch time. I'm fat because my portions are too big. Logging food (and learning portion sizes) for things you intend to eat for years (and years) to come will help you establish healthy LIFE LONG habits.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Dumb question: who prescribed you this diet? Was it a doctor, a registered dietician, or a "nutritionist"? Is there any medical reason for you to cut carbohydrates (diabetes, PCOS, etc) and have a protein intake so high (high protein diets aren't appropriate for everyone, particularly people with Parkinson's being treated with Carbidopa-levodopa or people with kidney disease)?

Honestly, it might be because I am hangry, but that diet looks like an unsustainable joke, and I would seriously be questioning anyone who prescribes you it. All that matters is that your calories consumed is less than the calories you burn each day -diets like low carb/low fat/paleo/etc only help to achieve that calorie deficit (but if you find that you're satisfied with carbs, then don't feel obligated to eat low-carb.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Are you paying for this plan? It's completely unnecessary to pay for a meal plan/weight loss plan. As others have said, My Fitness Pal is free and thousands of people have been successful using it.

Regardless of what meal plan or program you use, it still comes down to calories in vs. calories out. Calories are the ONLY thing that matters for weight loss/maintenance/gain. If a plan is working for you it is because it is putting your body in a calorie deficit, not because you've cut out carbs/fat/sugar/etc.

Try putting your stats into MFP and eat according to what it recommends. Eat as many nutrient dense foods as you can, but allow yourself treats as well. It's much easier to stick to a sustainable lifestyle than to try to cut out all kinds of foods that you enjoy.