Why are people so nice on this forum?

Options

Replies

• samanthaschetrompf
    samanthaschetrompf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mormons don't practice Polygamy. There are many branches that have broken off from the main religion who may still.
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Now I'm convinced I need to finally see Legally Blonde.
  • JeffS435
    JeffS435 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with why we are here and comment to begin with. We all want encouragement to reach our goals
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I tend to think people are being sarcastic before being nice. I think I've gotten beat down one too many times :)
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    dodsworth1 wrote: »

Put your meme in between these brackets [img][/img] to make it show up

Mean-Girls-She-Doesnt-Even-Go-Here-12.jpg
  • jenmar222
    Options
    See....

<---Nice o:)
  • jenmar222
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    See....

Very nice indeed.
    I just assumed it would show up and then it didn't and then i couldn't figure out how to delete it so i gave up on life.

So you just put link in bewteen brackets??

In between "img" brackets, like this.....

[img][/img]
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    See....

Very nice indeed.
    I just assumed it would show up and then it didn't and then i couldn't figure out how to delete it so i gave up on life.

So you just put link in bewteen brackets??

In between "img" brackets, like this.....

[img][/img]

[ img ] your link here (must link directly to the image, so it should end in ,jpg or .gif) [ /img ]

Take out the spaces in the example above and you should be good to go!
  • SA_X
    SA_X Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's because MFP starting giving strikes and bans to people who were jerks. I was here long ago and people were total turds. It's a nicer community now for the most part.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Tenster wrote: »
    Members of this forum are generally really nice but i must admit when people post the 'rate the person above' type threads I can't help but think people over or under estimate the ratings. I've noticed that a few good looking people (my opinion) get rated down where the less attractive people (again my opinion) get rated up. Let's just be honest

I think those threads are ridiculous anyway. What is this, middle school?
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    A few years ago there was a systematic banning of people pretty much anytime they told a person something other than what they wanted to hear. Someone asks about a new, waste of time cleanse or diet or whatever, better not give them facts. That's bullying. What's left is a forum that, while MUCH less useful far as dispensing actual information goes, sure is full of rainbows and unicorn farts. Which I guess was the goal.
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ... maybe, because most of us have a similar goal to lose weight, so we are helping each other out in here. ;-)
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Let me know if that deposit comes through PayPal ;)

Seriously though, I've read the boards on Bodybuilding.com and a few pregnancy sites.

Oh my gosh, worst community ever was some pregnancy community I belonged to. I mean, the women were generally nice and supportive, but there was always a group of 'Mean Girls' who somehow found one other and just made it their own personal goal to just make everyone else miserable. I was like, seriously? You're about to bring a kid into this world. Do the world a favor and grow the heck up before you spawn.

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Let me know if that deposit comes through PayPal ;)

Seriously though, I've read the boards on Bodybuilding.com and a few pregnancy sites.

Oh my gosh, worst community ever was some pregnancy community I belonged to. I mean, the women were generally nice and supportive, but there was always a group of 'Mean Girls' who somehow found one other and just made it their own personal goal to just make everyone else miserable. I was like, seriously? You're about to bring a kid into this world. Do the world a favor and grow the heck up before you spawn.

I was a member of one of these. It was awful. They'd always be quick to bash someone or tell them off. Not pleasant at all and it wasn't hormonal I'm pretty sure it was all jealousy based.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Tenster wrote: »
    I agree but in some cases it seems that people aren't being honest. I noticed quite a good looking guy got rated really low on a number of occasions the other day and yet less attractive people got rated a lot higher. It is preference but there's no balance

Those are all validation/popularity threads. And not to mention are extremely vain.