It is possible, even with thyroid disease.

Options
BoomstickChik
BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
I wish i had seen posts like this years ago.

So, I'm making one.

I have Hashimotos. I have for about 8 years. I couldn't lose for the LONGEST time, despite my efforts. Exercise with HRM, weighing food with my scale and logging EVERYTHING, this diet, that diet, I tried it all.

Then I researched on my ownand stopped just trusting doctors.

I knew something else had to bewrong with me and no one would listen.

I was right. I had celiac disease. It wasn't just my thyroid like they said. Nope. I was literally dying of malnutrition from this ugly beast of a disease.

Fast forward to February of 2015. I was diagnosed by a doctor I've never met. I told hermy symptoms and she said she'd bet her license i have celiac.

Immediately gluten free. I found out i was ppregnant 2 days after my diagnosis.

I started at 228 lbs, my highest non pregnancy weight. 228 at 5'2, ew, right?

I'm 169 now. 6 lbs away from, according to the silly BMI charts, being just overweight. Not obese.

I have a ways to go, but here i am. -59 lbs. 4 kids. 3 autoimmune diseases.

Never lose hope. Stick to your guns. Your health is in your hands. It is totally possible to kick hashi's *kitten*!! I'm also close to remission, which is extremely hard to do. I have an appointment with my amazing endocrinologist in 2 weeks to find out if I'm there!

You got this.

I only wish I had true before pictures.

Replies

• Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love how you stopped trusting what doctors said. I've gone through my own hell with thyroid disease and all they ever want to do is give me meds and tell me I'll have to have the the gland removed. No way!!

Do you mind sharing what your symptoms of celiac disease were? I've been "tested" for it and told that I'm fine but I know that wheat is causing issues.

Congrats on the amazing weight loss!!
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!!!!!
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I loved reading about your success!
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love how you stopped trusting what doctors said. I've gone through my own hell with thyroid disease and all they ever want to do is give me meds and tell me I'll have to have the the gland removed. No way!!

Do you mind sharing what your symptoms of celiac disease were? I've been "tested" for it and told that I'm fine but I know that wheat is causing issues.

Congrats on the amazing weight loss!!

Truthfully, i didn't even suspect celiac.

I just knew something wasn't right with me.

Looking back, obviously the malnutrition, the weight retention, bloating, constipation
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!