Gallbladder removed... Need help with food ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for black bean and quinoa enchilada bake. I just omit the cheese or use non dairy cheese.

http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/black-bean-and-quinoa-enchilada-bake/
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Don't get worried . My mum's got removed 17 years ago and she is doing great . You will get used to after some time . It shouldn't be that difficult if you follow a few tips . Like eat your dinner at least 4 hours before you go to bed . Don't eat too oily or deep fried things that often . Try drinking a glass of cold half milk and half water mixed daily . Stay blessed and healthy
  • candiejayne
    candiejayne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in pre-op stages right now, I have a couple of weeks before surgery. I don't have stones, I just have a dysfunctional gallbladder. I'm on a super strict diet plan right now. My fat/oils intake is limited to just chicken or white fish (which I don't like much), low fiber, no nuts, dairy ( I miss cheese), no caffeine and no to lots of other things. I'm struggling myself to find recipes that I can adapt that are flavorful and still within my parameters,
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I've been without mine for about 9 years. Only thing that gets me is not eating. All that bile is just wandering through my intestines....
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Had mine removed 5 years ago. I can pretty much eat what I want, but know if I have a fatty, greasy, or heavy meal that I need to be stationed near a bathroom. I had pizza and wings a couple of days ago, but made sure the ladies' room was nearby ;) Learn by trial and error.
  • dlucio1
    dlucio1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had mine removed too. I still experienced phantom attacks 1 yr after the removal. If I have a fatty meal, I get nauseous.