ISO friends on keto WOL

Options
Jenn_N_SC
Jenn_N_SC Posts: 15 Member
Hi. My name is Jennifer, and I would love to have some friends on the keto diet. I have a few awesome friends already, but they all just count calories & don't understand my WOE. I've even had to close my diary. It would be nice to have a friend who doesn't think I'm going to keel over with a heart attack at any minute!

Replies

• gayleofdallas
    gayleofdallas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think I sent you a friend 'add'. If not, feel free to add me. I just started Keto diet yesterday and I also want some friends who understand. :)
  • pstuart2001
    pstuart2001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Pamela. I just started last week and would like some keto friends also. Feel free to add me also.
  • darren_briggs
    darren_briggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    7 days in to low carb, not sure I am in Keto yet could be with this head ache I have had for 2 days!!! How it going for you?
  • Mechell_74
    Mechell_74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started keto again. I'd love some keto friends to bounce ideas off of.
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for about 3 months now, still learning and still adjusting. Would be nice to be friends with all of you :)
  • Ange_Armano
    Ange_Armano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to have friends as I learn this WOE. I started low carb three weeks ago, but have been reading so much about keto, that I am switching. Hoping with already doing no sugar/low carb I won't get the keto flu!! Just learning this site as well so bear with me. Please add me too!
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    7 days in to low carb, not sure I am in Keto yet could be with this head ache I have had for 2 days!!! How it going for you?

Usually if you have a cup ir two of broth this clears up.... At least it does for me. :( I usually take a few slow mag to help. It's usually an electrolyte inbalance.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

@darren_briggs...this is a clear sign of electrolyte imbalance which can be avoided (the "Keto Flu" can always be avoided...the problem is most people don't do their homework or research this way of eating (WOE) before they decide to try it). As @mstorvik suggested above, you need to up your salt (sodium) intake dramatically.
  • darren_briggs
    darren_briggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lo-salt and magnesium every day now, working well, still up and down on energy but I think that's because I am a little low on the calories, using the fat a little I think may help
  • DianeHelfer
    DianeHelfer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've never been one to add salt to my food and now I've learned I must. That broth solves the issue! Glad you feel better.